Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Creating Role with localized Names and descriptions

Hi,

I use the new token in a null driver to create roles, sorry if this might be the wrong forum but it really is a UserApp matter.

According to this documentation:

https://www.netiq.com/documentation/identity-manager-47/policy_designer/data/createrole.html

I add the Display Name and Description.

How do I add them localized? I need two and in LDAP it looks like this:

en~Access rights name in english|sv~Accessrättigheter på svenska

If I add that line I get :
Name string [en~Access rights name in english|sv~Accessrättigheter på svenska] contains prohibited character [|].
com.novell.idm.nrf.exception.NrfException: Name string [en~Access rights name in english|sv~Accessrättigheter på svenska] contains prohibited character [|]

in catalina.out

The documentation does not tell me how to do this and I guess this should be quite straight forward and normal to do.

How should I add the two localized names? and descriptions? I guess they work the same.

Thanks
Labels (1)
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Creating Role with localized Names and descriptions

On 2018-12-04 15:16, joakim ganse wrote:
> According to this documentation:
>
> https://www.netiq.com/documentation/identity-manager-47/policy_designer/data/createrole.html
>
> I add the Display Name and Description.
>
> How do I add them localized?

Currently you can't do this with the do-create-role/resource tokens:
Bug 1077974 - Create Role Policy Action doesn't include "Locale"
Parameter / Field

So you need to modify the nrfLocalizesNames / nrfLocalizedDescr
attributes directly from policy or call the SOAP endpoint yourself from
ECMAScript.

--
Norbert
--
Norbert
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Creating Role with localized Names and descriptions

Thanks for that information!
Hopefully we get that sorted out in the future.

Currently I think I will just do an change of the attribute from a policy after it is created.
I cant think of any reason that would not work.

Thanks
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.