Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Custom JAR File in Remote Loader ?

Jump to solution

I have a custom jar that will be running in java version 1.8 only.  Unfortunately my engine runs on java 1.7. Again I have a Remote loader machine which uses java 1.8.

Usually I will place jar file in  /opt/novell/eDirectory/lib/dirxml/classes path and I will refer this class path in XPATH expressions of my policies in the driver. 

This approach fails here due to the difference in the java version.

I know the best option is to upgrade my IDM Version.  At this moment, I cannot go with that.  

Can I use this custom jar file in the Remote Loader ? If Yes -How can I refer that in my Policy ? - Any ideas in this ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Custom JAR File in Remote Loader ?

Jump to solution

So you are in an interesting exception case.  Look at your REST driver config, first tab (Designer) and there is Custom Java Extension, which has two child nodes, Document Handler and Schema.

These are Java classes that get hold of the document before the shim processes it.

So you could in theory, implement your code, with the logic to when to process/change whatever, at the level of the entire document and handle it in there.

Less than elegant but possible.

This part woudl execute on the RL and not in the engine.

There are simple frameworks for the various classes, and you fill in your Java code inside the handler class.

Docs for these classes is here:

https://www.novell.com/documentation/dirxmldrivers/javadoc/api/

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Is the JAR your shim?  In which case, configure the driver as RL, on the RL, the .conf file names the class that holds the main() function of the shim.

Then copy the JAR to the RL server. (There can be a couple of locations, so look where you installed it on your RL and put it with the other JAR's there).

If this is an add on class, that you wish to call in the engine via an XPATH of namespace:functionName(Param1,Param2) then the JAR being on the RL won't help since it runs in the engine instance and not what you want.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

No JAR is not MyShim. 

I am using a custom java code for some functionalities and  thats been converted as JAR.

Any other suggestions ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution
I think you only have two options.
Upgrade java on the idm server. That might force you to upgrade idm engine as well.

Or change the custom jar file to work with older java.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

The one exception class to a custom function in a JAR, that can run in an RL is basically when it is an extension of the JAR is supported.

Examples are JDBC, SOAP shims, allow you to add in document modifiers, Schema modifiers, etc as Java classes.

What kind of Shim is it?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

REST Shim it is 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

So you are in an interesting exception case.  Look at your REST driver config, first tab (Designer) and there is Custom Java Extension, which has two child nodes, Document Handler and Schema.

These are Java classes that get hold of the document before the shim processes it.

So you could in theory, implement your code, with the logic to when to process/change whatever, at the level of the entire document and handle it in there.

Less than elegant but possible.

This part woudl execute on the RL and not in the engine.

There are simple frameworks for the various classes, and you fill in your Java code inside the handler class.

Docs for these classes is here:

https://www.novell.com/documentation/dirxmldrivers/javadoc/api/

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.