FT Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Customized entities - Enity configuration is missing

I have defined an entity in DAL and successfully deployed it to environment. Then added it to customized view in client settings. At the begining any search on the list ended with error message "Entity configuration is missing" and not showing any results. Then, after some clicking around in client settings the list page started to work fine and return search results.

I have added two more entities and the same problem occured for both. No luck though this time to make them work well - both entity list pages dont return any results but show error message "Enity configuration is missing". DAL definitions are quite similar and I doubt these are incorrect in any way. Clearing cache, UA driver restart and tomcat restart didn't help. The only stack trace shown in catalina.out I could get is:

DEBUG [com.netiq.idm.rest.access.EntityInfoService] (https-jsse-nio-8543-exec-2) [RBPM] Entity configuration is missing
com.netiq.idm.rest.access.RestValidationException: Entity configuration is missing
at com.netiq.idm.rest.access.EntityInfoService.searchEntityObject(EntityInfoService.java:2220)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

Spoiler
at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.model.method.dispatch.AbstractResourceMethodDispatchProvider$ResponseOutInvoker._dispatch(AbstractResourceMethodDispatchProvider.java:168)
at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.model.method.dispatch.ResourceJavaMethodDispatcher.dispatch(ResourceJavaMethodDispatcher.java:67)
at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.HttpMethodRule.accept(HttpMethodRule.java:259)
at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.RightHandPathRule.accept(RightHandPathRule.java:133)
at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.ResourceClassRule.accept(ResourceClassRule.java:83)
at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.RightHandPathRule.accept(RightHandPathRule.java:133)
at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.uri.rules.RootResourceClassesRule.accept(RootResourceClassesRule.java:71)
at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.WebApplicationImpl._handleRequest(WebApplicationImpl.java:990)
at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.WebApplicationImpl.handleRequest(WebApplicationImpl.java:941)
at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.WebApplicationImpl.handleRequest(WebApplicationImpl.java:932)
at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.WebComponent.service(WebComponent.java:384)
at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContainer.java:451)
at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContainer.java:632)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:742)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:231)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166)
at com.novell.common.auth.JAASFilter.doFilter(JAASFilter.java:145)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166)
at com.novell.common.auth.saml.AuthTokenGeneratorFilter.doFilter(AuthTokenGeneratorFilter.java:108)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
at com.novell.common.auth.sso.SSOFilter.doFilter(SSOFilter.java:138)
at com.novell.soa.common.i18n.BestLocaleServletFilter.doFilter(BestLocaleServletFilter.java:241)
at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)
at org.apache.catalina.filters.HttpHeaderSecurityFilter.doFilter(HttpHeaderSecurityFilter.java:126)
at com.novell.common.ForceNoCacheFilter.doFilter(ForceNoCacheFilter.java:69)
at com.novell.common.CrossScriptingFilter.doFilter(CrossScriptingFilter.java:53)
at com.novell.common.HttpSecurityHeadersFilter.doFilter(HttpSecurityHeadersFilter.java:132)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:199)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:96)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:493)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:137)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:81)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AbstractAccessLogValve.invoke(AbstractAccessLogValve.java:660)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:87)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:343)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.service(Http11Processor.java:798)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProcessorLight.process(AbstractProcessorLight.java:66)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$ConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:808)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1498)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketProcessorBase.run(SocketProcessorBase.java:49)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

This is still in development and testing and I only used portal admin account for any action performed.

Entity definition is correctly placed in driver container and client json.
Is there anything I could check or fix to make this work correctly like the first entity? Have I missed something silly or what?

This is in dash 4.7.3.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Customized entities - Enity configuration is missing

So in 4.7,3 they added an Entity option in Config.  Login as UAadmin.  Upper right settings.  I forget which side tab it is, but look for one that has middle of the page, near top as a drop down with User as the name.  Then hit the + sign and define your own Entity there.

Dunno how this interacts with a DAL entrry, or if this makes the new DAL entry from teh GUI or what exactly.

0 Likes
FT Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Well, this is exactly how I did it. Even though, propery defined DAL enitities work or not in the view at random fashion giving sparse exception description what is really wrong.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I expect an SR is the way to go here.. . Since it is all client side, errors in web page (F12, Dev options, etc) seems like the place to look next.  I guess you could enable tracing on the VDX or something like that to see teh queries come in and fail, server side, or not at all.

What I have noticed is that UA.old uses the NMAS SAML method to auth the logged in user to the back end so that queries are done with the logged in user permissions.

In the Identity Apps, it seems like they are using the LDAP Proxy extended control to do queries as the user with their permissions. 

I wonder if the inconsistency is between these two methods, or a bug in the LDAP Proxy in eDir code.  Ergo a question about latest eDir version.

Looking at the latest release notes from all the eDir versions:

https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7016794

9.0 release:

- Proxy Authorization Control sample added to the OpenLDAP SDK. (Bug 919612)

9.04 notes:

- DSE_IMPERSONATE event added as a SNMP trap for LDAP proxy authentication (Bug 957275)

But this is more about monitoring.

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.. sri4netiq Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Hello,

In IDM we are maintaining user's account status depends on its password life cycle.

We have a custom attribute that will capture status of an account. This flag on the user record is not getting flipped while enabling the account. Not sure in which section I have to check in designer.

Inputs appreciated !

Thanks!

sri

0 Likes
FT Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Customized entities - Entity configuration is missing

This post confuses me.

You will get better response if you ask your question in separate thread. All I can say is you are probably looking for one of the policies or a workflow where entity modification takes place. Or even you have to add this required action in one of those yourself. All depends on who or what exactly flips the flag and what account do you have in mind?

Has anyone any insights on my question here or was I too brief in explaining my problem?

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Customized entities - Entity configuration is missing

I think you handled that well.  I think we have a new to the forums person, with an issue and is searching hard for an answer, but may not understand the system he is working with.

I have answered in more detail elsewhere, next step is up to him, to explain better, provide trace, or ask how do I get to trace. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.