Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
366 views

DSERR_NO_ALLOC_SPACE when running a job


Hello,

We have an eDirectory 8.8.3 and IDM 3.6 running on Windows Server 2003.

We set up a job that triggers a Null Driver. It reads all groups in the
directory to update members and group memberships on users.

The job runs for a while then it ends with warnings and fails to set
reciprocal attributes.

JVM version is 1.6.22. We increased JVM heap size to 1536 Mo.

Here is an extract of the logs:


[01/27/14 16:11:41.349]:reciprocal attributes ST:
DirXML Log Event -------------------
Driver: \AEI-DEVTREE1\AEI\Services\connecteurs\reciprocal
attributes
Channel: Subscriber
Status: Warning
Message: Code(-8011) Error processing reciprocal linking attribute
(\AEI-DEVTREE1\AEI\Personnes\Internes\BA00106#Group Membership):
novell.jclient.JCException: modifyEntry -150 DSERR_NO_ALLOC_SPACE


DirXML Log Event -------------------
Driver: \AEI-DEVTREE1\AEI\Services\connecteurs\reciprocal
attributes
Channel: Subscriber
Status: Warning
Message: Code(-8011) Error processing reciprocal linking attribute
(\AEI-DEVTREE1\AEI\Personnes\Internes\BA38#null):
novell.jclient.JCException: readEntry (JCValue[] form) -6038 UNKNOWN
ERROR

Regards


--
moularbi
------------------------------------------------------------------------
moularbi's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=1196
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=50168

Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: DSERR_NO_ALLOC_SPACE when running a job

moularbi wrote:

>
> Hello,
>
> We have an eDirectory 8.8.3 and IDM 3.6 running on Windows Server 2003.


I'd recommend that you consider patching/updating both eDirectory and IDM as the versions you run a quite old.

Also, keep in mind that IDM 3.6.x has exited general support.

> We set up a job that triggers a Null Driver. It reads all groups in the
> directory to update members and group memberships on users.


Can you elaborate? Does it generate a trigger event for each group? If so, are these written to the cache or do you bypass the cache and process these directly?
Or do you have a single trigger event and policy to query and process the groups? Are you using query-ex which can reduce the memory demand here.

> The job runs for a while then it ends with warnings and fails to set
> reciprocal attributes.
>
> JVM version is 1.6.22. We increased JVM heap size to 1536 Mo.


Increasing the JVM heap size will only help in some scenarios. This might not be one where it is beneficial.

See this post for some clarification: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?6429-Java-heap-usage&p=29384#post29384


--
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: DSERR_NO_ALLOC_SPACE when running a job


alexmchugh;241548 Wrote:
> moularbi wrote:
>
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > We have an eDirectory 8.8.3 and IDM 3.6 running on Windows Server

> 2003.
>
> I'd recommend that you consider patching/updating both eDirectory and
> IDM as the versions you run a quite old.
>
> Also, keep in mind that IDM 3.6.x has exited general support.
>
> > We set up a job that triggers a Null Driver. It reads all groups in

> the
> > directory to update members and group memberships on users.

>
> Can you elaborate? Does it generate a trigger event for each group? If
> so, are these written to the cache or do you bypass the cache and
> process these directly?
> Or do you have a single trigger event and policy to query and process
> the groups? Are you using query-ex which can reduce the memory demand
> here.
>
> > The job runs for a while then it ends with warnings and fails to set
> > reciprocal attributes.
> >
> > JVM version is 1.6.22. We increased JVM heap size to 1536 Mo.

>
> Increasing the JVM heap size will only help in some scenarios. This
> might not be one where it is beneficial.
>
> See this post for some clarification: http://tinyurl.com/jwvd9tn
>
>
> --
> If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
> show your appreciation and click on the star below...


The job is started manually, it is supposed to run once at
initialization time. It generates one trigger then a query implemented
on the Null driver gets the groups.

Where can I find the query-ex option?


--
moularbi
------------------------------------------------------------------------
moularbi's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=1196
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=50168

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: DSERR_NO_ALLOC_SPACE when running a job

moularbi wrote:

>
> alexmchugh;241548 Wrote:
> > moularbi wrote:
> >
> > >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > We have an eDirectory 8.8.3 and IDM 3.6 running on Windows Server

> > 2003.
> >
> > I'd recommend that you consider patching/updating both eDirectory and
> > IDM as the versions you run a quite old.
> >
> > Also, keep in mind that IDM 3.6.x has exited general support.
> >
> > > We set up a job that triggers a Null Driver. It reads all groups in

> > the
> > > directory to update members and group memberships on users.

> >
> > Can you elaborate? Does it generate a trigger event for each group? If
> > so, are these written to the cache or do you bypass the cache and
> > process these directly?
> > Or do you have a single trigger event and policy to query and process
> > the groups? Are you using query-ex which can reduce the memory demand
> > here.
> >
> > > The job runs for a while then it ends with warnings and fails to set
> > > reciprocal attributes.
> > >
> > > JVM version is 1.6.22. We increased JVM heap size to 1536 Mo.

> >
> > Increasing the JVM heap size will only help in some scenarios. This
> > might not be one where it is beneficial.
> >
> > See this post for some clarification: http://tinyurl.com/jwvd9tn
> >
> >
> > --
> > If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
> > show your appreciation and click on the star below...

>
> The job is started manually, it is supposed to run once at
> initialization time. It generates one trigger then a query implemented
> on the Null driver gets the groups.
>
> Where can I find the query-ex option?


You set the "max result count" in the query token to a value (for example 50 or 200)

https://www.netiq.com/communities/cool-solutions/the-query-token-identity-manager/

This automatically enables query-ex if the driver shim supports it (in this case, the eDirectory, which does support query-ex but I've never found any official document saying this)=

That can dramatically reduce the memory requirements when looping over a large query result.


--
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: DSERR_NO_ALLOC_SPACE when running a job

>> Where can I find the query-ex option?
>
> You set the "max result count" in the query token to a value (for example 50 or 200)
>
> https://www.netiq.com/communities/cool-solutions/the-query-token-identity-manager/


What a crappy article. Who writes tripe like that? 🙂


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: DSERR_NO_ALLOC_SPACE when running a job


alexmchugh;241623 Wrote:
> moularbi wrote:
>
> >
> > alexmchugh;241548 Wrote:
> > > moularbi wrote:
> > >
> > > >
> > > > Hello,
> > > >
> > > > We have an eDirectory 8.8.3 and IDM 3.6 running on Windows Server
> > > 2003.
> > >
> > > I'd recommend that you consider patching/updating both eDirectory

> and
> > > IDM as the versions you run a quite old.
> > >
> > > Also, keep in mind that IDM 3.6.x has exited general support.
> > >
> > > > We set up a job that triggers a Null Driver. It reads all groups

> in
> > > the
> > > > directory to update members and group memberships on users.
> > >
> > > Can you elaborate? Does it generate a trigger event for each group?

> If
> > > so, are these written to the cache or do you bypass the cache and
> > > process these directly?
> > > Or do you have a single trigger event and policy to query and

> process
> > > the groups? Are you using query-ex which can reduce the memory

> demand
> > > here.
> > >
> > > > The job runs for a while then it ends with warnings and fails to

> set
> > > > reciprocal attributes.
> > > >
> > > > JVM version is 1.6.22. We increased JVM heap size to 1536 Mo.
> > >
> > > Increasing the JVM heap size will only help in some scenarios. This
> > > might not be one where it is beneficial.
> > >
> > > See this post for some clarification: http://tinyurl.com/jwvd9tn
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web

> interface,
> > > show your appreciation and click on the star below...

> >
> > The job is started manually, it is supposed to run once at
> > initialization time. It generates one trigger then a query

> implemented
> > on the Null driver gets the groups.
> >
> > Where can I find the query-ex option?

>
> You set the "max result count" in the query token to a value (for
> example 50 or 200)
>
> http://tinyurl.com/p9ezmlf
>
> This automatically enables query-ex if the driver shim supports it (in
> this case, the eDirectory, which does support query-ex but I've never
> found any official document saying this)=
>
> That can dramatically reduce the memory requirements when looping over a
> large query result.
>
>
> --
> If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
> show your appreciation and click on the star below...


I tried it, I set the max result count to 50. I still have the same
errors.


--
moularbi
------------------------------------------------------------------------
moularbi's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=1196
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=50168

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: DSERR_NO_ALLOC_SPACE when running a job

moularbi wrote:

> I tried it, I set the max result count to 50. I still have the same
> errors.


Do you still have the JVM heap set to 1.5 Gig?
Try again with a heap size of half that (say 750 Meg)
That in combination with max result count should show some improvement.

Other than that, you are on quite an old eDirectory and IDM version and this could also be part of the problem.

--
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.