Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
rrawson Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.
267 views

Deleting Defective Roles


I created a role using the SOAP call to create a role and the role name
has a forward slash in it ("ACME-CSR (1st Bill/Welcome)").

Problem is that this role is unusable -- other roles which don't have a
forward slash in the name work fine, this one however opens up in the
role catalog in UA like you are creating the role not like you are
editing the role, and you cannot delete the role either. Probably a bug
(UA 3.7 D4 on WebLogic).

So I changed my IDM policy which is creating these roles to replace "/"
with "-" which works around this issue for now, however I am left with
roles I cannot delete. Anyone have a suggestion on how to get these
roles out of there? Can I rename an object or something?

thanx
Rob


--
Robert Rawson
Subject Area Master - Identity and Access Management
------------------------------------------------------------------------
rrawson's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=4898
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=450140

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Deleting Defective Roles

On 12/30/2011 03:36 PM, rrawson wrote:
>
> I created a role using the SOAP call to create a role and the role name
> has a forward slash in it ("ACME-CSR (1st Bill/Welcome)").
>
> Problem is that this role is unusable -- other roles which don't have a
> forward slash in the name work fine, this one however opens up in the
> role catalog in UA like you are creating the role not like you are
> editing the role, and you cannot delete the role either. Probably a bug
> (UA 3.7 D4 on WebLogic).
>
> So I changed my IDM policy which is creating these roles to replace "/"
> with "-" which works around this issue for now, however I am left with
> roles I cannot delete. Anyone have a suggestion on how to get these
> roles out of there? Can I rename an object or something?
>
> thanx
> Rob
>
>

Greetings Rob,
You are not allowed to create / in the cn when creating a Role.
This is not a bug and is explained in the Documentation:

"Display Name


The text used when the role name displays in the User Application. You
cannot include the following characters in the Display Name when you
create a role:

< > , ; \ " + # = / | & *
"


Hopefully this is a staging environment. I would suggest that you try
to delete the role directly (not from within the UserApp UI) and then
restart the UAD, and User Application.


--
Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Lead Software Engineer
NetIQ
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.