Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Designer 4.7.3 speed/memory usage

Jump to solution

Running 4.7.3 for a while now on different machines and platforms (Windows 7 + 10 & macOS Mojave) and get the impression that it uses up memory a lot faster than 4.7.2 did. Also startup time has gone up a lot, it seems.

Is that just me? Anyone else seeing similar differences between 4.7.2 and 4.7.3?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Designer 4.7.3 speed/memory usage

Jump to solution

Thanks. I am testing the Designer 4.8 Early Access right now, and some of the performance fixes inside Designer are nice.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

I reported a start up time slow down, but since I run on Win 7 I was not supported.

It looked it was doing a JAR pre-compile at start up and took close to 15 min the first time. Then sometimes a restart would be fast. Sometimes not.

Tried swapping the JRE back to Oracle from Azul, no real help.

Not sure yet about memory usage.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Just updated to Designer 473 on Windows Server 2012R2 (which is still supported), will see how that goes and report back.

Initial impressions are same startup time, also some new errors in error log. will see if they come back after subsequent launches.

This is using the Zulu JRE. Only non-standard change in designer.ini is to use jvm.dll instead of the standard javaw.exe.

Alex McHugh - Knowledge Partner - Stavanger, Norway
Who are the Knowledge Partners
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Thanks. I am testing the Designer 4.8 Early Access right now, and some of the performance fixes inside Designer are nice.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution
So where did you get that one from? The old vibe beta site?
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Actually, yes, they are still using it and I see all the previous betas I took part in there still.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.