Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Designer 4.8, JSON Array and JSON Object nouns?

Hi,

I see these nouns in the argument builder in Designer 4.8 that I haven't seen before.

But I can find any documentation on them and I can't find them in the dirxmlscript.dtd for 4.8.

One is named token-json-array in the XML.

Does anybody have any more information on how to use them etc?

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
4 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I would guess this is a feature to come that did not make it into 4.8 but someone missed to remove all references (or accidentally checked in bits of the new code). Let's see what 4.8.1 brings... 🙂

Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

So like the extensions to the Map Token and the Query tokens in 4.7.3 (which now, sort of have Designer GUIs) they seem to be updating the DirXMLScript support in the engine without neccesarily the Designer GUI at the same time.  Not sure if iManager is getting updtaed though.

Easier to test in Designer offlinie than find a 4.8 instance with iManager right now and test.

Also the do-invoke-rest-endpoinnt does not seem to have a GUI yet. And it is slightly complex to implement by hand in XML.  Worst is Designer will likely throw it all away if you edit the Policy object and save.

Also the enhancments to If-src-attr and if-dest-attr that allow you to specify an arg-dn.  I.e. If Source Attr is only the current object. Now you can say Object B referenced by a variable holding a DN.  Nice enhancements but no GUI builder.  And Designer throws away the change if you touch it after making the XML work.

Alas, I wish this were not the case.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Likely this is only useful with the new call rest endpoint tokens.

(Educated guess, may be totally off the mark)
Alex McHugh - Knowledge Partner - Stavanger, Norway
Who are the Knowledge Partners
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Good catch!  I see those as well. Very odd tryingto use them.

JSON Object looks like yu can make a JSON object, keys and strings.

The JSON Array s less clear.

I have to go nag again. I got them to add the big stuff to the DTD docs for 4.8 here:

https://www.netiq.com/documentation/identity-manager-developer/dtd-documentation/dirxmlscript/

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.