TSchmauch Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Designer error deploying objects

I am trying to deploy object in Designer 4.7.1 to an eDirectory 9.1.1 tree running IDM 4.7. I can deploy items under the Default Notification Collection without error. When I try to deploy an item from the Data Library (for example, others like drivers do the same thing). I receive the following error: "The mapping table object name 'cn=servername,ou=servers,o=tree cannot be found in the eDirectory tree.

All of the information for the server is filled out in it's properties, like name, context, host address, dns name and it can look up the IDM and eDir versions without issue. I can do a secure LDAP connect to the server, log in with the same account that designer is using and browse the tree.

Is there something obvious I am missing? The built in designer trace does not really tell me much.
Thanks for any advice you can offer.
Tom
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
TSchmauch Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Designer error deploying objects

I figured out what my problem was. I have a clustered Linux environment and one of the trees was in the cluster was not seeing the IDM engine present even though others on the same server were. After forcing a re-install everything seemed better.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Designer error deploying objects

TSchmauch;2486206 wrote:
I figured out what my problem was. I have a clustered Linux environment and one of the trees was in the cluster was not seeing the IDM engine present even though others on the same server were. After forcing a re-install everything seemed better.

Look to another forum thread that talking about similar issue...
https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/509277-Cannot-deploy-drivers-on-added-server?p=2487075#post2487075

Issue reported and will be fixed in 4.7.1.1
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.