Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Designer repos with Basic Auth, how?

New in Designer 4.81 (Help, whats new, under software fixes) it says:

"Allows you to perform package updates from a site with basic authentication 4.8.1"

Anyone know how this works?  Yet to turn on Basic auth on repo and simply test it but how do you store the creds?  Is there an interface to manage the creds saved?  Will they even save, or will you need to reenter every time you check a repo?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

I had an IIS server hosting our packages and enabled basic auth for it.  The issue I ran into is that it prompted for credentials for every... single... file... in.... the.... repo...

I suspect the fix is once you have authenticated once, it'll reuse that for each subsequent file.

Robert Ivey
GCA Technology Services
https://www.gca.net
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

That is what i was worried about. 

Then for fun, how about two different repos with different usernames/passwords.

And then what happens when you change one on the server side?  I was expecting a uI to manage saved passwords.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Ouch. That would be horrible to work with.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.