Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
friedman16 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Determine the Dest-dn

How do I reference the object DN in this document:

<nds dtdversion="4.0" ndsversion="8.x">
<source>
<product edition="Advanced" version="4.6.2.0">DirXML</product>
<contact>NetIQ Corporation</contact>
</source>
<output>
<status dest-dn="" event-id="0" level="success"><operation-data>
<password-publish-status>
<association/>
</password-publish-status>
</operation-data>
<application>DirXML</application>
<module>wdStudio</module>
<object-dn>osu\vault\users\IDM800130</object-dn>
<component>Publisher</component>
</status>
<status dest-dn="" event-id="1" level="success"><application>DirXML</application>
<module>wdStudio</module>
<object-dn>osu\vault\users</object-dn>
<component>Publisher</component>
</status>
</output>
</nds>

This is from the SOAP driver in the Output Transform Policy. This document is in-between the NOVLDSML-opt-ConvertDestDNtoLDAPformat and NOVLDSML-otp-SOAPOutputTransform. IN this example, IDM800130 is a newly created object. However, the status dest-dn is blank... but the object is referenced in the object-dn tag. is there a way to reference that object DN (osu\vault\users\IDM800130) and so that I can pull different attributes and add it to this document?

My end goal is to add various attributes to the return document to the process that calls the soap object (via the publisher channel). to do that I need to figure out how to put the object-dn into a variable and then add the needed attributes from eDir into this status.

thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Determine the Dest-dn

friedman16 wrote:

> is there a way to reference that
> object DN (osu\vault\users\IDM800130)

Sure there is: xpath(object-dn) should do the trick, though you might have to
find a way to reliably decide which of the two status docs you need to work
with.

--
http://www.is4it.de/en/solution/identity-access-management/

(If you find this post helpful, please click on the star below.)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.