Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Different REST credentials per channel

Is there a way to use different credentials for subscriber and publisher channel in REST driver? Target system enforces the use of different credentials for import and export operations. I did not see support for this in the driver-operation-data.

I tried adding basic authorization header with encoded credentials but no success, even with curl.

All help and opinions welcome.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I don't think, that different credentials for sub/pub are supported.
Simple (and stupid) solution for your case: use 2 instances of the "same" driver (one for import and one for export operation only).
0 Likes
Highlighted
Commodore
Commodore

Hello

you could replace default publisher functionality by implementing IDM job on driver which can implement a target rest api operation such as /query /GET for you with different credentials and rest endpoints.

regards

maqsood,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

I checked what the driver is really doing when i add a basic authorization header with credentials.

When driver authentication is set to anonymous the driver is overwriting the authorization header with an empty one. When set to basic authentication the driver is writing another basic authentication header in addition to the one I added, resulting on non-functioning authentication.

I would like to see an option where the driver does nothing to the authorization header since there may be multiple REST endpoints with different credentials.

The quickest solution was to do a localhost apache proxy which matches the location and injects the correct authorization headers.

Thanks again for your answers.

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Can you create an idea about this, could be picked up as an enhancement request.
--
Smile, IT confuses people!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.