Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
169 views

Document hosting capability for User App?


Hi Guys,

Environment:
Identity Manager Roles Based Provisioning Module Version 4.0.1 Patch B
Build Revision 37827

I was going through the administration documentation for User App, to
find a way to upload a document.
I need to add this document download on the login page for the user, so
when user clicks the link on the page, a document would be downloaded
from User App... (Currently we have a link that has been setup to direct
the user to another website to download the document).

So, just wondering if User App does support any document hosting
capability?

Any pointers? Suggestions?

Regards,
Dinesh


--
ddgaikwad
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ddgaikwad's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=5917
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=49233

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Document hosting capability for User App?

Dinesh,

this is not a feature of the User App or workkflows, but a basic feature
of the underlying application server, e.g., jboss. Check your
application server docs for details.

An easy way to let jboss host some files/docs, create a simple WAR file
(like "myCompany.war") that contains the files/docs and deploy it on
your app server.

Then you'd use the base
"http://[jboss url]/IDMProv" for User App,
and
"http://[jboss url]/myCompany" for your files

Wolfgang

On 15.11.2013 12:31, ddgaikwad wrote:
>
> Hi Guys,
>
> Environment:
> Identity Manager Roles Based Provisioning Module Version 4.0.1 Patch B
> Build Revision 37827
>
> I was going through the administration documentation for User App, to
> find a way to upload a document.
> I need to add this document download on the login page for the user, so
> when user clicks the link on the page, a document would be downloaded
> from User App... (Currently we have a link that has been setup to direct
> the user to another website to download the document).
>
> So, just wondering if User App does support any document hosting
> capability?
>
> Any pointers? Suggestions?
>
> Regards,
> Dinesh
>
>

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Document hosting capability for User App?


Hi Wolfgang,

Thank you for the pointer.
Could you please direct me a document or tutorial that would assist to
accomplish the above (Not an expert at handing war file you know... 😞
)

Regards,
Dinesh


--
ddgaikwad
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ddgaikwad's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=5917
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=49233

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Document hosting capability for User App?

On 11/20/2013 11:54 AM, ddgaikwad wrote:
>
> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> Thank you for the pointer.
> Could you please direct me a document or tutorial that would assist to
> accomplish the above (Not an expert at handing war file you know... 😞
> )
>
> Regards,
> Dinesh
>
>

Greetings,
Are you asking how to create an J2EE war file?

--

Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Lead Software Engineer
NetIQ
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Document hosting capability for User App?


Hi Steven,

Yes, is there any document that I can refer to creating a war file?
Then I tweak and experiment with to meet our business requirement.

Regards,
Dinesh


--
ddgaikwad
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ddgaikwad's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=5917
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=49233

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Document hosting capability for User App?

Dinesh,

try this first to get you started:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tutorial+war+j2ee



On 21.11.2013 13:45, ddgaikwad wrote:
>
> Hi Steven,
>
> Yes, is there any document that I can refer to creating a war file?
> Then I tweak and experiment with to meet our business requirement.
>
> Regards,
> Dinesh
>
>

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.