Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Driver Sap Business Logic

Hi all,

I am using Identity Manager 4.5.6.

I have not found documentation for recent versions of Identity Manager for the SAP Business Logic driver and the latest available packages are old.

Is this driver usual? Is there support for it?

Is there any other better alternative for synchronizing O (Organizational Unit), C (Job), and S (Position) objects?
Labels (1)
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

The driver has not really been updated per se, since it mostly just works.  🙂

The UM Shim and HR Shims have seen some bug fixes over the past few years.

The HR driver is what imports those objects you ask. The BL driver mostly manages the attributes on the users from those objects.

Any specific issues you have?

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Hi Geoffrey,

First, sorry by delayed answer, due to customer changes and other things we were unable to do early. I work with Carolina in same project.

The question we made to ourselves was “should use BL driver or not?”. So, we decided to not to use, implement some code in a loopback driver. But we found may issues (or gaps) in future events. The BEGDA is always processed, but the ENDDA not. Example: John is moving from position A to B next month. So, SAP HR receive an iDoc with these events, schedule the update position B event and discard update position A, once the ENDBA is in the future. On next month first, John is referenced in both positions A and B. This happen with P and O objects.

SAP BL can handle with this kind of event?
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

SAP is hard.

Future dated is hardest.

Original implementation of the SAP HR driver was to process the Future dated iDOCS and make Work Orders for them.

Then the Consulting Edition configs, added in more features, like storing the future event in a stream'ish attribute of the XML and then checking when it was due.

It is not so much the BL driver that does it but the whole set of the CE drivers. 

Holger Dopp did a session on them for my IDM UG a few years back.  You might see if your MF/NetIQ contacts can get you the driver  configs, since they handle more cases than you might ever think about.

0 Likes
Admiral
Admiral

Consulting/Holger Dopp got a massive SAP setup playbook, which I am not sure you can get without a consulting engagement.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.