Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dynamic Group as a role owner

Hi,

I have a requirement to set a members of a particular role as a owners to other group. So I have created a dynamic group with a filter of nrfMemberOf and its exactly filtering the users. Now I configured this group as a owner to few roles. But when workflow assign the task to the owner group, no one is getting an email nor the approval task.

Is there anything I am missing here?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

If you assign a user or regular group to the role owner, do you get the behavior you are looking for? I have never used the role owner because it seemed to be informational, I've never noticed any functionality like this for notification. The only thing I have ever used it for was to trigger in a policy when a user became a role owner to set the owner's ACLs on the group automagically, because that's what my client wanted.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I cannot tell if that will help at all, but have you that cardinal flag 'use dynamic groups' set to true on that environment in UApps configuration?
Similar case in my experience may require additional level of membership - a 'normal' group, that you will use as owner and in workflows as task addresee thus notification receivers, for which membership is granted based on entitlement stating user has a role. That role is granted to the dynamic group you already have defined and that's how that chain ends.
Bear in mind also, that dynamic groups memberships may take some time to be recalculated to actual state.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.