mjuricek Contributor.
Contributor.

Dynamic values in the REST driver service endpoints

Jump to solution

Hi,

Is it possible to have a dynamic value in the service endpoints in the REST driver -> Publisher (Poll Mode)?

I would need to define a service endpoint like this:

https://MyURL/FODepartment/?$format=json&filter=(lastModifiedDateTime gt <Timestamp>)

Where <Timestamp> will be replaced in a policy and the driver will call e.g.: https://MyURL/FODepartment/?$format=json&filter=(lastModifiedDateTime gt '2019-07-31T00:00:00Z')

Regards,

Milan

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Dynamic values in the REST driver service endpoints

Jump to solution

Good question.

To achieve this, we did the following:

1. Created jobs to stop/start the driver at regular intervals
  2. Set poll and timeout periods to fit within the time-window defined by the job start/stop times
  3. In a shutdown policy, update the driver params on the driver in eDir to reflect the next valid Timestamp

Or something along those lines.

The reason you have to do this in that manner is that the poll mode service endpoint is sent as part of the init-params command to the driver shim, the shim then just blindly calls the specified service endpoint at an interval defined by the poll period.

Alex McHugh - Knowledge Partner - Stavanger, Norway
Who are the Knowledge Partners
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
2 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Good question.

To achieve this, we did the following:

1. Created jobs to stop/start the driver at regular intervals
  2. Set poll and timeout periods to fit within the time-window defined by the job start/stop times
  3. In a shutdown policy, update the driver params on the driver in eDir to reflect the next valid Timestamp

Or something along those lines.

The reason you have to do this in that manner is that the poll mode service endpoint is sent as part of the init-params command to the driver shim, the shim then just blindly calls the specified service endpoint at an interval defined by the poll period.

Alex McHugh - Knowledge Partner - Stavanger, Norway
Who are the Knowledge Partners
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
mjuricek Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution
Thank you! I had exactly this solution in my head but I hoped there will be a nicer and "cleaner" solution.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.