kalariviswa Contributor.
Contributor.

ERROR RBPM com.novell.soa.notification.impl.MailEngine:run Notification email server password unspe

Hi ,

I am facing a situation where the workflow deployed in User application alone is not sending notifications suddenly. This was working fine until a few days back. But suddenly this issue started. And we are seeing the following message - frequently in logs "ERROR [RBPM] [com.novell.soa.notification.impl.MailEngine:run] Notification email server password unspecified. Check eDirectory setup."

Interesting part is that the notifications are being triggered from drivers and other servers as expected.. issue is only with the User application related workflows. We check the Email server options and there nothing appears to be changed.

We already tried to restart the User application related driver, but it appears that it is not helping the case. can you please suggest what would be the issue that is impacting only the workflow related notifications and how we can address the same ?

Regards,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: ERROR RBPM com.novell.soa.notification.impl.MailEngine:run Notification email server password un

Looking at the notfSMTPEmailHostName and style attributes I do not see them flagged in Schema as Per Replica, which means one value rules the tree.

However the password if set would be a Named Pasword style attribute which is per-replica.  So I would check that each server has a copy.  I would try to edit the setting in iManager and see if it allows you to change servers for the password, and if so, reset to known on all replicas.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.