Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

ERROR [com.netiq.idm.rest.catalog.ResourceService] (https-jsse-nio-8543-exec-233) [RBPM] Internal ex

After upgrading to IDM 4.7.3  we are not able to create new resources.

We get this message in catalina.out:
"ERROR [com.netiq.idm.rest.catalog.ResourceService] (https-jsse-nio-8543-exec-233) [RBPM] Internal exception occurred processing REST service".

We are using the standard idmapps interface:
Administration / Resources / New Resource
Select driver and Entitlement - Select Entitlement Values (we ahve also tried "Map at request time") - Create Resource.
On the next page we fill in addtional information and click Apply.
I the upper right corner we get a message "failed(1)" and if we expand that it just shows the resource name.

Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
7 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

If you increase logging on "com.netiq.idm.rest.catalog" to TRACE, does it provide more information?

Also, if you view the network tab in chrome (f12), can you provide information on the call that is failing?  I imagine you may be getting a 489 error, but what is the endpoint it is hitting, payload it is sending and response it is getting?  Sometimes the response from the API call gives more information than catalina.out.  Cranking up logging on that endpoint should provide a bunch more data though.

Robert Ivey
GCA Technology Services
https://www.gca.net
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I am not finding the trace on the rest.catalog class as useful as I would hope in issues.

One thing to consider is to hit F12 and sometimes the browser shows more errors than the log.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Tracing rest.catalog does not provide me with information.

Neither does F12. There is a warning in Console "This page uses the non standard property “zoom”. Consider using calc() in the relevant property values, or using “transform” along with “transform-origin: 0 0”. But that is always there when opening af new page in IDMAPPS.

I get a 401 error in Console on GET https://server:8543/IDM/rest/catalog/administration/roleResourceSettings when I click "Configuration - Roles and Resources" but what I do in here seems to work.

Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I have created a SR at support after trying everything I can think of.

I will post the solution here when (if) we reach one 🙂

Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

One of our valued swedish partners solved the issue.

We have solved the issue.

For unknown reasons the following attributes in entity definition of entity sys-nrf-resource were lost during upgrade:
- ManagedBy
- ExpiresAfter
- IsExpirationRequired

1. Go to iManager and modify object: sys-nrf-resource.EntityDefs.DirectoryModel.AppConfig in UserApplication.
  2. Edit XmlData-attribut and add definition of attributes to <attributes>….</attributes>
  3. Click OK to save changes to XmlData and then Apply/OK to update the entitydef.
  4. Restart tomcat

The correct attribute definitions were found in a IDM 4.6 environment.

Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

If you lost those attributes, compare the values in sys-nrf-role resource as well, since we have seen this issue before.

One possible explanation is that when you compared your UA driver during the upgrade, you did a compare vs a deploy.

There are hidden objects in the Designer project that are there, but not visible nor editable, and need to be updated in the IDV but a compare does not update them, where a Deploy does.

Another thing to double check in the cn=configuration object under cn=RolesDef since that sometimes looses the attribute data. (To be fair, support informs me that me and people on my team are literally the only people ever to report this issue but 3 times does a pattern make... (Also someone in this forum reporrted it as well)). 

Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

I've heard about this before. And it's fully random when it's seen, but it mostly is seen during upgrades.

My hypothesis point to a problem from when there is a DAL upgrade, and the nrf-sys-xxxx object is not as it is expected to be, then it might end up missing one or more attributes, and then the UA will work as it expects something else.

When I was investigating this, I was never able to figure out what exactly what was causing the corruption, except that it mostly had to do with an upgrade to a newer version, possibly combined with a package upgrade.

What was interesting, was that the nrf-sys-xxxx objects I was looking at, was from a previous version, and that was after one or two SPs for the current version.... go figure.

Casper

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.