agnel_vincent Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Entity Creation for a OU container

Hi Team,

I'm trying to create a entity for a container in which all the objects are in ou format (eg: ou=department, ou=company, o=org)
I'm trying to use the entity for searchDN in which the I will be searching the department name in the form.
After creating the entity, when i search the object i'm getting no results.
I have added Added entry rights for userapplication admin user to this container.
Even after doing all these i'm not getting any result.

Am I missing any step here? Do I need to add the container to the team configuration in userapplication. we are using user application 4.0.2

Thanks,
Agnel
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
avikram Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Entity Creation for a OU container

Agnel_Vincent;2483714 wrote:
Hi Team,

I'm trying to create a entity for a container in which all the objects are in ou format (eg: ou=department, ou=company, o=org)
I'm trying to use the entity for searchDN in which the I will be searching the department name in the form.
After creating the entity, when i search the object i'm getting no results.
I have added Added entry rights for userapplication admin user to this container.
Even after doing all these i'm not getting any result.

Am I missing any step here? Do I need to add the container to the team configuration in userapplication. we are using user application 4.0.2

Thanks,
Agnel

Check ndstrace logs (with +LDAP) in eDirectory to see if the search is being done correctly.
Couple of questions,
1. Who creates the request? I'm guessing that the form that you talk about is the request form where you do the search? Is this user having rights on the container where you're doing the search?
2. Why do you think team configuration is relevant here? Is the user a team manager? Not very clear from your question.

Regards,
Aditya
0 Likes
agnel_vincent Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Entity Creation for a OU container

thank you for your reply Vikram.
It was an issue with the permission of the container in which i was searching.
When i gave the entry permission and all attributes permission issue solved.
Thank you for your response.
Thanks,
Agnel
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.