Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Error saving driver persistent data

Hi,

IDM 4.7.3 on SLES 12.

In ndstrace with +dvrs I see this error, any tips on what to do?

3063748352 DVRS: ENG ET:
DirXML Log Event -------------------
Message: Code(-9203) Error saving driver persistent data: Code(-9010) An exception occurred: com.novell.nds.io.JCIOException: openStream: -166
at com.novell.nds.io.NDSStreamAttributeOutputStream.<init>(NDSStreamAttributeOutputStream.java:111)
at com.novell.nds.dirxml.engine.ConfigAbstraction.setAttributeStream(ConfigAbstraction.java:1646)
at com.novell.nds.dirxml.engine.ConfigAbstraction.setAttributeXML(ConfigAbstraction.java:1790)
at com.novell.nds.dirxml.engine.ConfigAbstraction.savePersistentData(ConfigAbstraction.java:1406)
at com.novell.nds.dirxml.engine.ConfigAbstraction.savePersistentData(ConfigAbstraction.java:1357)
at com.novell.nds.dirxml.engine.ConfigAbstraction.shutdown(ConfigAbstraction.java:621)
at com.novell.nds.dirxml.engine.GCVDefInfo.close(GCVDefInfo.java:145)
at com.novell.nds.dirxml.engine.verb.GetDriverGCV.processSubVerb(GetDriverGCV.java:127)
at com.novell.nds.dirxml.engine.verb.DirXMLVerbs$GetVerbHandler.processVerb(DirXMLVerbs.java:711)
at com.novell.nds.dhutil.VerbProcessor$HandlerThread.run(VerbProcessor.java:507)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: novell.jclient.JCException: openStream -166 DSERR_ALREADY_IN_USE
at novell.jclient.JClient.openStream(Native Method)
at com.novell.nds.io.NDSStreamAttributeInputStream.openStream(NDSStreamAttributeInputStream.java:237)
at com.novell.nds.io.NDSStreamAttributeOutputStream.<init>(NDSStreamAttributeOutputStream.java:99)
... 10 more

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi Alekz,
It looks like a relatively old and known issue with driver persistent data "corruption".
It described in the next TID
https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7004982

Resolution
Delete the attribute DirXML-PersistentData from the problem driver. This can be done via LDAP or ConsoleOne, iManager 2.7.3 does not provide access to the attribute. After that the driver should start normally.
Additional Information
DirXML-PersistentData stores counters for health monitoring. If the attribute XML content get corrupted, the errors mentioned in this TID will occur.

Since it is is recreated when it does not exist and the driver is started, there is no loss of driver configuration or logic in deleting the DirXML-PersistentData attribute.
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Also I am pretty sure that DirXML-PersistentData is per replica, which is why it is hard to delete with iManager. So make sure to clear it on any replicas that the driver could run on.

Side note: Alekz - any chance when working with a Per-Replica attribute in Console2 do you think you could provide a UI to show all possible values on different replica?  That would be super duper handy!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Is this in relation to RRSD driver by any chance? I ask because I have seen this on a box that pretty much just runs RRSD and IDM Apps.

Alex McHugh - Knowledge Partner - Stavanger, Norway
Who are the Knowledge Partners
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Specifically, since they added parallel processing support to RRSD, the driver uses the DirXML-DriverStorage attribute (a per replica attribute) to keep track of  things. This is documented here https://www.netiq.com/documentation/identity-manager-48/identity_apps_admin/data/multi-thread-rrs-troubleshooting.html

When all is well, the attribute is updated once the processing is completed.

What I suspect is we are seeing some sort of conflict or locking failure in updating this attribute.

Running RRSD 4.7.3.0 + IDM 4.7.2.0 AE  + eDir 9.1.4 on windows where I see this issue.
Interested if anyone else can report as to what versions they run.

Alex McHugh - Knowledge Partner - Stavanger, Norway
Who are the Knowledge Partners
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.