scauwe Absent Member.
Absent Member.
363 views

Expose IDM Challenge Response portlet


Hi all,

I'm looking to get the IDM challenge response configuration portlet as
a 'standalone' portlet. I want to display it to the end user without
header or menu. Just the portlet itself.

I tried the following URL's:
/IDMProv/portal/portlet/ChallengeResponseChange : this gives me an
empty page (or only a titlebar/border if I configure the portlet to have
a visible title)
/IDMProv/jsps/pwdmgt/ChangeChaRes.jsp : this gives me the help text on
top, but no content.

If the user navigates to the portlet via the menus in the UA, all is
displayed correct.

What am I missing? Is it possible to show the IDM Challenge/response
portlet without the header/menu?

Stefaan


--
scauwe
------------------------------------------------------------------------
scauwe's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=5150
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=452050

Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
scauwe Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Expose IDM Challenge Response portlet


OK, I found a workaround.

Calling the JSP directly makes that the portlet is missing it's
context, so that's why that does not work.

What works (in short):

1. Create a new portlet registration for Challenge Response'
2. Create a new container page, and add only this portlet (remove the
standard portlet controller)
3. Remove the page security to admin only.

This seems to work (I just tested this shortly).

Strange that Novell does not allow to add the standard portlet
registration to be added to a page.

Stefaan


--
scauwe
------------------------------------------------------------------------
scauwe's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=5150
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=452050

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Expose IDM Challenge Response portlet

On 02/09/2012 09:56 AM, scauwe wrote:
>
> OK, I found a workaround.
>
> Calling the JSP directly makes that the portlet is missing it's
> context, so that's why that does not work.
>
> What works (in short):
>
> 1. Create a new portlet registration for Challenge Response'
> 2. Create a new container page, and add only this portlet (remove the
> standard portlet controller)
> 3. Remove the page security to admin only.
>
> This seems to work (I just tested this shortly).
>
> Strange that Novell does not allow to add the standard portlet
> registration to be added to a page.
>
> Stefaan
>
>

Greetings,
Because it is only supported to use it on the Shared Page as it is.

--
Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Lead Software Engineer
NetIQ
0 Likes
Highlighted
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Expose IDM Challenge Response portlet


scauwe;4023 Wrote:
> OK, I found a workaround.
>
> Calling the JSP directly makes that the portlet is missing it's
> context, so that's why that does not work.
>
> What works (in short):
>
> 1. Create a new portlet registration for Challenge Response'
> 2. Create a new container page, and add only this portlet (remove the
> standard portlet controller)
> 3. Remove the page security to admin only.
>
> This seems to work (I just tested this shortly).
>
> Strange that Novell does not allow to add the standard portlet
> registration to be added to a page.
>
> Stefaan
>
>
> --
> scauwe
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> scauwe's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=5150
> View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=452050



Hi, I had that configuration working well in UA 3.6.
Now I repeated these steps in a server with UA 4.0.1 but didint work...

When I go to the URL portal/cn/ChallengeResponseChange
(ChallengeResponseChange is my Container Page) this redirect me to
/portal/cn/ChallengeResponseNAM/Welcome and gives me an empty page with
only the titlebar "Welcome".

I did this:
1. Create a new portlet registration for "Challenge Response"
2. Create a new container page, and add only this portlet (remove the
standard portlet controller)
3. Remove the page security to admin only.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

Regards.


--
sarietti
------------------------------------------------------------------------
sarietti's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=2277
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=912

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Expose IDM Challenge Response portlet

On 11/28/2012 01:24 PM, sarietti wrote:
>
> scauwe;4023 Wrote:
>> OK, I found a workaround.
>>
>> Calling the JSP directly makes that the portlet is missing it's
>> context, so that's why that does not work.
>>
>> What works (in short):
>>
>> 1. Create a new portlet registration for Challenge Response'
>> 2. Create a new container page, and add only this portlet (remove the
>> standard portlet controller)
>> 3. Remove the page security to admin only.
>>
>> This seems to work (I just tested this shortly).
>>
>> Strange that Novell does not allow to add the standard portlet
>> registration to be added to a page.
>>
>> Stefaan
>>
>>
>> --
>> scauwe
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> scauwe's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=5150
>> View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=452050

>
>
> Hi, I had that configuration working well in UA 3.6.
> Now I repeated these steps in a server with UA 4.0.1 but didint work...
>
> When I go to the URL portal/cn/ChallengeResponseChange
> (ChallengeResponseChange is my Container Page) this redirect me to
> /portal/cn/ChallengeResponseNAM/Welcome and gives me an empty page with
> only the titlebar "Welcome".
>
> I did this:
> 1. Create a new portlet registration for "Challenge Response"
> 2. Create a new container page, and add only this portlet (remove the
> standard portlet controller)
> 3. Remove the page security to admin only.
>
> Any ideas?
> Thanks.
>
> Regards.
>
>

Greetings,
4.0.x is not the same as 3.x. Some of what you could do in 3.x is no
longer possible in 4.0.x.

--
Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Lead Software Engineer
NetIQ
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Expose IDM Challenge Response portlet


Steven Williams;222700 Wrote:
> On 11/28/2012 01:24 PM, sarietti wrote:
> >
> > scauwe;4023 Wrote:
> >> OK, I found a workaround.
> >>
> >> Calling the JSP directly makes that the portlet is missing it's
> >> context, so that's why that does not work.
> >>
> >> What works (in short):
> >>
> >> 1. Create a new portlet registration for Challenge Response'
> >> 2. Create a new container page, and add only this portlet (remove

> the
> >> standard portlet controller)
> >> 3. Remove the page security to admin only.
> >>
> >> This seems to work (I just tested this shortly).
> >>
> >> Strange that Novell does not allow to add the standard portlet
> >> registration to be added to a page.
> >>
> >> Stefaan
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> scauwe
> >>

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >> scauwe's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=5150
> >> View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=452050

> >
> >
> > Hi, I had that configuration working well in UA 3.6.
> > Now I repeated these steps in a server with UA 4.0.1 but didint

> work...
> >
> > When I go to the URL portal/cn/ChallengeResponseChange
> > (ChallengeResponseChange is my Container Page) this redirect me to
> > /portal/cn/ChallengeResponseNAM/Welcome and gives me an empty page

> with
> > only the titlebar "Welcome".
> >
> > I did this:
> > 1. Create a new portlet registration for "Challenge Response"
> > 2. Create a new container page, and add only this portlet (remove the
> > standard portlet controller)
> > 3. Remove the page security to admin only.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Regards.
> >
> >

> Greetings,
> 4.0.x is not the same as 3.x. Some of what you could do in 3.x is no
> longer possible in 4.0.x.
>
> --
> Sincerely,
> Steven Williams
> Lead Software Engineer
> NetIQ



Steven, thanks for the reply.
I need to use the portlet ChallengeResponseChange individually in a page
(To integrate with NAM)
If this method doesn't work in 4.0.x, does anyone know another?


Thanks.


--
sarietti
------------------------------------------------------------------------
sarietti's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=2277
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=912

0 Likes
jwilleke Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Expose IDM Challenge Response portlet

Look at:
http://code.google.com/p/pwm/
--

Thank You for your help!

-jim
Jim Willeke

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Expose IDM Challenge Response portlet


jwilleke;222771 Wrote:
> Look at:
> http://code.google.com/p/pwm/
> --
>
> Thank You for your help!
>
> -jim
> Jim Willeke


Thanks jwilleke, that's an interesting solution, but it would be easier
to get the access to the portlet.
There is any way?

Greetings


--
sarietti
------------------------------------------------------------------------
sarietti's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=2277
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=912

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.