prasenjitmass Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Fan Out : User Need to delete from selected platforms

Hi,

Fanout Driver is implemented for provisioning IDM users to Linux platform.I am facing issue when trying to delete provisioned users from selected Platforms.Trying to describe the issue with an example.

Say, Testuser1  created in IDM and provision to Linux Platforms ( Plat1, Plat2, Plat3, Plat4, Plat5) with the membership in group (search object grp) .

if delete the  user from IDM the user from each platform deleted. If delete the group, user from all platform deleted.

What I'll have to do if want the user only get deleted from Plat1, Plat3, Plat5 but not from Plat2 and Plat4 ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
JeremyGrieshop
New Member.

Re: Fan Out : User Need to delete from selected platforms

Platform Sets are designed to group common users among similar platforms.  What you're wanting to do would require making each platform be in their own unique platform set with a unique search object, per platform/platform set.  

so, there would be a Plat1 Set, Plat2 Set, Plat3 Set, Plat4 Set, and Plat5 Set.  Every platform would be assigned to their own platform set.  A unique search object would be assigned to each one (g1, g2, ... g5).  

Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Fan Out : User Need to delete from selected platforms

I believe the relevant aphorism would be "Granularity is a b*tch"

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.