lca25 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

File Conflict During Notes 4.1.1.0 Driver Install

We getting the file conflict when installing the Notes 4.1.1.0 driver on a server with Remote Loader installed:

idm2:/installers/IDM45_Notes_4110/notesshim/linux # rpm -Uvh novell-DXMLnotes.rpm
Preparing... ################################# [100%]
file /opt/novell/eDirectory/lib from install of novell-DXMLnotes-4.1.1-0.noarch conflicts with file from package novell-edirectory-expat-32bit-9.1.4-9.x86_64
file /opt/novell/eDirectory/lib from install of novell-DXMLnotes-4.1.1-0.noarch conflicts with file from package novell-edirectory-xdaslog-32bit-9.1.4-0.x86_64

Server: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 (x86_64) VERSION = 12 PATCHLEVEL = 4
with IDM 4.7.3 remote loader installation.

Should we force this install?

Larry

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: File Conflict During Notes 4.1.1.0 Driver Install

I would open a SR for this and get an official statement.

Ususally you run the notes remote loader on a separate server, you seem to run it on the server running eDir.

So not many would have run into this before.

0 Likes
lca25 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

The Remote Loader install was on a newly built Sles12 sp4 Notes server with no eDirectory. IDM Remote Loader 4.7 was installed and then up'ed to 4.73. I then tried to install the updated Notes 4.1.1.0 driver and got the error.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Ok,
In that case I would darr to force install.
In worst case you could Re install sp3 afterwards. I bet the files is in there.

Good luck
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.