ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

First Contact Feedback: Container 4.8.1

Hi,
I'm just in creating the identity containers version 4.8.1 and wanted to give some feedback:

• IDM_481_idm_conf_generator image is a good idea (y)
  • looks like you cannot remove the engine container and recreate it from scratch - after that the container was unable to use the data from volume
  • I'm fine with having a single config directory which gets mounted into multiple containers
  • containers shouldn't do fancy HTTP redirects. E.g. the iManager shouldn't do any redirects from HTTP to HTTPS. I think it would also be OK if the iManager wouldn't provide a HTTPS port at all - IMO it's the job of the infrastructure to provide SSL
  • No, I did not use --network=host because: NO 😉

So far so good. Looking forward 🙂

regards
Daniel

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

+1 for using health checks
Commodore
Commodore

+1 for redirecting log output on some of the containers now (i.e. user app) to stdout for docker logs and other logging drivers.

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hello @dbuschke,

Kindly find the response for the feedback where you were not able to recreate engine container from scratch

below are the steps which I tried and engine container is working fine. please confirm whether you have tried similar steps. 

> Deployed the Engine Container using a shared location in the docker host. 

> Stop the container. (This will free up the IP and the FQDN used to deploy the container)

> Deploy another Engine Container with same IP and FQDN but use different container name " --name=<different_container_name>" pointing to the same shared location which has been used to deploy the first Engine container.

> logged in the container and confirmed the configuration.

Thanks.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.