Keng Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Google Driver 401 Unauthorized Error

Jump to solution

Hi,

My first time for doing Google Apps Driver. I had follow the Identity Manager Google Driver documentation for API Authentication and OAuth Integration. I had also copy the p12 private key file to the IDM Server and specify the full path.

When I tried to start the driver I am seeing the 401 Unauthorized Error in the ndstrace as attached. Actually I am seeing 2 errors in the ndstrace, 401 Error is following another java.lang.NullPointerException error.

Google Super Admin.pngGoogle Admin - Manage API Access.pngGoogle Developer - IDM Project.pngGoogle API - Domain Wide Delegation.pngGoogle API - Client ID for Service Account.pngGoogle API - Service Account.pngGoogle API - Admin SDK Credentials.pngScreenshot 2019-12-18 at 2.34.34 PM.pngScreenshot 2019-12-18 at 2.33.45 PM.png

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Keng

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Keng Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Google Driver 401 Unauthorized Error

Jump to solution

Hi,

Managed to solve the issue via an SR.

It's the documentation not up-to-date. 

Google Apps Driver is basically a 3rd party driver by Concensus. Latest documentation could be refer to

https://concensus.jira.com/wiki/spaces/GADD/pages/596279297/G-Suite+IDM+Driver+4.2.0.0

Regardsm

Keng

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marcus Tornberg Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi!

Did you enable the API's in Google?

https://www.netiq.com/documentation/idm45drivers/googleapps/data/b1kcr5ee.html

Step 7-8 and 10-16.

Also I recall you have to login to Google with your service account and accept the terms for the account to be fully functional.

Best regards

Marcus

0 Likes
Keng Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Marcus,

Yes, I did enable the Admin, Contact and Group API as per documentation.

Screenshot 2019-12-18 at 3.59.05 PM.pngScreenshot 2019-12-18 at 3.57.55 PM.pngScreenshot 2019-12-18 at 3.55.38 PM.png

The problem is the documentation steps are different than current Google screens.

Regards,

Keng

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Keng Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Managed to solve the issue via an SR.

It's the documentation not up-to-date. 

Google Apps Driver is basically a 3rd party driver by Concensus. Latest documentation could be refer to

https://concensus.jira.com/wiki/spaces/GADD/pages/596279297/G-Suite+IDM+Driver+4.2.0.0

Regardsm

Keng

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.