Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
312 views

HPD - using multiple approval (complex requests)


Hi there,

i have some question about manage my tasks in HPD by using multiple
approval or mutliple deny for requests.

lets have a look at the documentation: http://tinyurl.com/kpxt3la


For a more complex request that requires detailed information, the
Provisioning Dashboard *does not display a checkbox*. You must approve
or deny those requests by selecting each request and
following Step 3.a through Step 3.c above.

When you select a more complex request to approve or deny, the Dashboard
may need to open the request form in a separate browser tab.


now my question:

how can the HPD find out, whether the request (approval) is complex. In
my requests i have detailed information and they are required. But every
user has an checkbox for multiple approve. So when some user use this
option the requests fail because some detail information are lost.

Are there any "switch" to configure an approval to "complex"? Or some
"switch" to "enable" or "disable" an approval for multiple approval?

Best regards Thomas


--
KahlerThomas
------------------------------------------------------------------------
KahlerThomas's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=1030
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=49838

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: HPD - using multiple approval (complex requests)

On 01/29/2014 05:44 AM, KahlerThomas wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> i have some question about manage my tasks in HPD by using multiple
> approval or mutliple deny for requests.
>
> lets have a look at the documentation: http://tinyurl.com/kpxt3la
>
>
> For a more complex request that requires detailed information, the
> Provisioning Dashboard *does not display a checkbox*. You must approve
> or deny those requests by selecting each request and
> following Step 3.a through Step 3.c above.
>
> When you select a more complex request to approve or deny, the Dashboard
> may need to open the request form in a separate browser tab.
>
>
> now my question:
>
> how can the HPD find out, whether the request (approval) is complex. In
> my requests i have detailed information and they are required. But every
> user has an checkbox for multiple approve. So when some user use this
> option the requests fail because some detail information are lost.
>
> Are there any "switch" to configure an approval to "complex"? Or some
> "switch" to "enable" or "disable" an approval for multiple approval?
>
> Best regards Thomas
>
>

Greetings Thomas,
Are you putting the "required" field(s) data into flowdata in the
post activity mapping for the Approval Activity? Or are you simply
marking the field as required?

--

Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Lead Software Engineer
NetIQ
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: HPD - using multiple approval (complex requests)


Greetings Steven,

yes, i map all the required fields into flowdata in the post activity
mapping for the Approval Activity. The Approver Type of the Aproval
Activity is "Group" and the addresse is a Team.

Thomas


--
KahlerThomas
------------------------------------------------------------------------
KahlerThomas's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=1030
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=49838

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: HPD - using multiple approval (complex requests)

On 01/29/2014 07:44 AM, KahlerThomas wrote:
>
> Greetings Steven,
>
> yes, i map all the required fields into flowdata in the post activity
> mapping for the Approval Activity. The Approver Type of the Aproval
> Activity is "Group" and the addresse is a Team.
>
> Thomas
>
>

Greetings Thomas,

In my testing so far I see the checkbox appear next to the activity to
approve, but when I check it I then receive the following in a yellow
box in the middle of the page:

Sorry, this task cannot be completed in bulk. Select the task name to
view its details.


On my Approval form, I added a simple text field, marked it required,
and mapped it in the post-activity into flowdata

Questions:

1) What browser(s) are you using and provide the exact version?

2) You outlined that your Approval is a Team. Do you mean a team or a
group? If it is a team, then what code do you have in the Addressee
field? By default a team alone as the address will not evaluate down to
the members for the Approval activity to go. So what are you doing?



--

Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Lead Software Engineer
NetIQ
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: HPD - using multiple approval (complex requests)


Steven Williams;240737 Wrote:
> On 01/29/2014 07:44 AM, KahlerThomas wrote:
> >
> > Greetings Steven,
> >
> > yes, i map all the required fields into flowdata in the post activity
> > mapping for the Approval Activity. The Approver Type of the Aproval
> > Activity is "Group" and the addresse is a Team.
> >
> > Thomas
> >
> >

> Greetings Thomas,
>
> In my testing so far I see the checkbox appear next to the activity to
> approve, but when I check it I then receive the following in a yellow
> box in the middle of the page:
>
> Sorry, this task cannot be completed in bulk. Select the task name to
> view its details.
>
>
> On my Approval form, I added a simple text field, marked it required,
> and mapped it in the post-activity into flowdata
>
> Questions:
>
> 1) What browser(s) are you using and provide the exact version?
>
> 2) You outlined that your Approval is a Team. Do you mean a team or a
> group? If it is a team, then what code do you have in the Addressee
> field? By default a team alone as the address will not evaluate down
> to
> the members for the Approval activity to go. So what are you doing?
>
>
>
> --
>
> Sincerely,
> Steven Williams
> Lead Software Engineer
> NetIQ




Hi Steven,

thank you for feedback. I follow your steps.

I create a new workflow with some text fields in a aprroval. i mapped
them into flowdata by using the post activity option. by testing the
workflow i checked the checkbox and receive the yellow
box in the middle of the page:

Sorry, this task cannot be completed in bulk. Select the task name to
view its details.

fine but the workflow from our customer do not show this message. what
is different? I set the addresse from Approver type "Group" to "normal"
and set as addresse a user DN not a UserApp-Team.
The same situation appears. So i check the pre-activty for the form. In
our customer workflow the pre-activity in the form is not empty, it is
set with flowdata.get('Start/Request_Form/fieldname').
When i set the pre-activiy to be emtpy i receive the yellow mesage box.
mmhh...

So now i understand how the landing page work.

until now the initiator of the workflow set the required field and the
approver have to check and can change the field data in the the approval
but he can not set the field empty.
In this case the approver should not be induce to use multiple
approval.

finally we can say : when i want force a approver not use multiple
approval, i have to change my form, i need an empty required field. Is
that correct?

Thomas


--
KahlerThomas
------------------------------------------------------------------------
KahlerThomas's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=1030
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=49838

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: HPD - using multiple approval (complex requests)

On 02/17/2014 05:04 AM, KahlerThomas wrote:
>
> Steven Williams;240737 Wrote:
>> On 01/29/2014 07:44 AM, KahlerThomas wrote:
>>>
>>> Greetings Steven,
>>>
>>> yes, i map all the required fields into flowdata in the post activity
>>> mapping for the Approval Activity. The Approver Type of the Aproval
>>> Activity is "Group" and the addresse is a Team.
>>>
>>> Thomas
>>>
>>>

>> Greetings Thomas,
>>
>> In my testing so far I see the checkbox appear next to the activity to
>> approve, but when I check it I then receive the following in a yellow
>> box in the middle of the page:
>>
>> Sorry, this task cannot be completed in bulk. Select the task name to
>> view its details.
>>
>>
>> On my Approval form, I added a simple text field, marked it required,
>> and mapped it in the post-activity into flowdata
>>
>> Questions:
>>
>> 1) What browser(s) are you using and provide the exact version?
>>
>> 2) You outlined that your Approval is a Team. Do you mean a team or a
>> group? If it is a team, then what code do you have in the Addressee
>> field? By default a team alone as the address will not evaluate down
>> to
>> the members for the Approval activity to go. So what are you doing?
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> Steven Williams
>> Lead Software Engineer
>> NetIQ

>
>
>
> Hi Steven,
>
> thank you for feedback. I follow your steps.
>
> I create a new workflow with some text fields in a aprroval. i mapped
> them into flowdata by using the post activity option. by testing the
> workflow i checked the checkbox and receive the yellow
> box in the middle of the page:
>
> Sorry, this task cannot be completed in bulk. Select the task name to
> view its details.
>
> fine but the workflow from our customer do not show this message. what
> is different? I set the addresse from Approver type "Group" to "normal"
> and set as addresse a user DN not a UserApp-Team.
> The same situation appears. So i check the pre-activty for the form. In
> our customer workflow the pre-activity in the form is not empty, it is
> set with flowdata.get('Start/Request_Form/fieldname').
> When i set the pre-activiy to be emtpy i receive the yellow mesage box.
> mmhh...
>
> So now i understand how the landing page work.
>
> until now the initiator of the workflow set the required field and the
> approver have to check and can change the field data in the the approval
> but he can not set the field empty.
> In this case the approver should not be induce to use multiple
> approval.
>
> finally we can say : when i want force a approver not use multiple
> approval, i have to change my form, i need an empty required field. Is
> that correct?
>
> Thomas
>
>

Greetings Thomas,
If there is not a field that requires new input, then the form will
be seen as "simple" and therefore allow it to be multiple requested or
approved.

--

Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Lead Software Engineer
NetIQ
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.