rafaelrpm Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hide the Dashboard menu

Is there a way to hide the Dashboard menu in 4.7.2? I removed permissions and removed all widgets. Still, the user is able to see the Dashboard menu even though there´s nothing there and he can´t add or change anything. Is there a way to hide the menu? I was able to do that successfully to other menus except this one.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
pborenich Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Hide the Dashboard menu

rafaelrpm;2498899 wrote:
Is there a way to hide the Dashboard menu in 4.7.2? I removed permissions and removed all widgets. Still, the user is able to see the Dashboard menu even though there´s nothing there and he can´t add or change anything. Is there a way to hide the menu? I was able to do that successfully to other menus except this one.

Hi rafaelrpm,

haven't had to hide the dashboard menu so far. But we easily hid other components in the new 4.7.2 UI through CSS customizations:
https://www.netiq.com/documentation/identity-manager-47/identity_apps_admin_472/data/netiq-identity-manager-customize-look-of-user-interfaces.html

Maybe this works here too?

Best regards,
Philipp
0 Likes
joelburke Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

You need to edit your client json file to make the dashboard trustees editable, then you can add the appropriate trustees under settings. I've actually had to do this with a number navigation items. I'm not sure why MicroFocus set them as un-editable.

Change isDisabled from true to false. See the snippet below.

{
"type": "navItem",
"areaDefault": false,
"disableAreaDefault": false,
"isDisabled": false,
"displayLable": "Dashboard",
0 Likes
rafaelrpm Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Worked like a charm. Thanks a lot! 😄
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.