Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hoe to restore an object which I deleted unknowingly but I have the backup both nds and dbsk

Hoe to restore an object which I deleted unknowingly but I have the backup both nds and dbsk bu it is a full backup nt a particular object which I deleted unknowingly 

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Your backup is of the entire database, it is unsuitable for a single object restore. If you must:
1. Build a new VM on a private network. It must not be able to reach your real servers.
2. Install eDirectory on your new VM.
3. Restore your DIB to the new VM.
4. LDIF out the object you need, and any other referenced objects (group memberships, manager, etc.)
5. Use the LDIF to recreate the object you deleted.
6. Destroy the VM you created in #1.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

@dgersic wrote:
Your backup is of the entire database, it is unsuitable for a single object restore.

Is it? I always thought that it is possible to restore single objects out of a NDS Backup?!

https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7007592

Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

If you have a backup done with ndsbackup and need to do a single object restore you should be able to do that with a command similar to this:

ndsbackup xvf backupfile -a admin.sa.system ".CN=Username.OU=Users.O=DATA"

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.