Hoe to restore an object which I deleted unknowingly but I have the backup both nds and dbsk
Hoe to restore an object which I deleted unknowingly but I have the backup both nds and dbsk bu it is a full backup nt a particular object which I deleted unknowingly
1. Build a new VM on a private network. It must not be able to reach your real servers.
2. Install eDirectory on your new VM.
3. Restore your DIB to the new VM.
4. LDIF out the object you need, and any other referenced objects (group memberships, manager, etc.)
5. Use the LDIF to recreate the object you deleted.
6. Destroy the VM you created in #1.
Your backup is of the entire database, it is unsuitable for a single object restore.
Is it? I always thought that it is possible to restore single objects out of a NDS Backup?!
If you have a backup done with ndsbackup and need to do a single object restore you should be able to do that with a command similar to this:
ndsbackup xvf backupfile -a admin.sa.system ".CN=Username.OU=Users.O=DATA"