New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

How to Manage Distribution List with Azure AD Driver on Hybrid Mode

Jump to solution

I am developing Azure AD driver on Hibrid mode for the first time. My environment is IDM 4.7.3 and Azure AD Driver 5.1.1.

I have successfully managed licenses and roles using entitlements associated with resources objects. Thats works fine.

User management in hybrid mode is synchronized in Azure via the AD driver and then replicated to the cloud using the Azure AD connect service. That´s work fine as wel.

My problem is with group management. I am not understanding correctly how the driver would be working or how I should make it work.

If I create a group in eDirectory the AD driver will synchronize it in Active Directory on-premize and then the Azure AD connect service will replicate it in the cloud, but this group is createad as a "security group".

My question is how or what should I do to create distribution lists (not security groups) and manage them.
Security groups works for me, but how should I do to manage distribution lists?

I have no previous experience with this type of connector and would appreciate if someone shares me how to do it.

Regards,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Since you have hybrid AzureAD setup, all abject provisioning (including distribution lists) is handled by AADConnect.

So if you'd like to have DL in AzureAD, you need to create distribution list (not security group) in local AD and AADConnect will then synchronize that to AzureAD.

Info regarding different group types is there:

https://www.netiq.com/documentation/identity-manager-47-drivers/ad/data/managing-active-directory-groups-and-exchange-mailboxes.html

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Since you have hybrid AzureAD setup, all abject provisioning (including distribution lists) is handled by AADConnect.

So if you'd like to have DL in AzureAD, you need to create distribution list (not security group) in local AD and AADConnect will then synchronize that to AzureAD.

Info regarding different group types is there:

https://www.netiq.com/documentation/identity-manager-47-drivers/ad/data/managing-active-directory-groups-and-exchange-mailboxes.html

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thank you Sebastijan for the information.

Regards,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.