Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

How to create users in Redhat Server 7.4 from IDM

I am new to IDM.  I want to learn how to create users in Redhat linux from IDM through designer.

Thanks,

V.Satakopan

16 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

To create user in Linux from IDM , you can use either the Linux/Unix Driver or the scripting driver.

You can find detailed  documentation on NetIQ doc site.

https://www.netiq.com/documentation/identity-manager-48-drivers

Hope this help.

Sylvain

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks for the help sylvain.  i will go through the link.  If i am facing any issues, i will post my queries in the forum.  Kindly help me.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi,

I am facing the following issue during the deployment.  I am hereby attaching the screen shot.  Kindly, do the needful.

Thanks,

V.Satakopan

Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

You must define the deployment context in the driverset properties (parent container of the driver set).
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi,

Please find the screen shot with default values and let me know if it is correct or do let me explain how to do that in steps.

Thanks,

V.Satakopan

Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,
Unfortunately, I cannot give you all the steps to configure and deploy a new IDM driver within the forum (this is too much information and time).
Please send me your contact information via private email.
Thx
Sylvain
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Sylvan,

This is my ID as you asked.

Thanks,
V.Satakopan
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

I cannot send you private email, I get this error message:

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.
None of the users have PM enabled. Message will not be sent.
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Specific issue you are seeing there is that at the DriverSet and Tree level the field called Deploy Context is not set.  It should point at the Driverset object level, use the browser to the right of it to select it to get the proper format.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

I am new to IDM.  Can you please elaborate with Steps.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

I am new to IDM.

I am trying to create users in Redhat from IDM ( SLES 12 SP4)
I got error messages from Designer to create GCV's in order to implement the solution. Hence, i asked vikas. I went through the link to understand about GCV's.
https://www.netiq.com/documentation/identity-manager-47/policy_designer/data/pbgcveditor.html
I gone through the link and i got the following doubts

Can you please explain the following

1. What are the files that needs to be created after creating driverset. Why it is not creating automatically.
2. Whether we can create policies with any name or we need to create based on file names generated by project checker ?
3. Why the files names are hard quoted ?
4. What is model object ?
5. What is the type that i should select for each and every GCV that i am creating (the screenshot that i shared already) and please explain how to identify the variable type while creating GCV ?

Do you have any manual for Developer ?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.