joelburke Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

How to fix role delete stuck in pending state

I tried deleting some roles but they are now stuck in a pending state. This happened because the vault running the rrd driver stopped syncing with the other vaults. We moved the rrd driver to a new vault and repaired the misbehaving vault, but now I can't get the role out of the pending state.

I've tried sending the delete through again but I get this message in the UA log:
2019-03-01 17:39:25,235 [INFO] RoleManagerService [RBPM] One is attempted to delete a role already flagged for deletion. If role is not getting deleted in a timely manner, make sure your role resource driver is current and running. More details can be found under NetIQ Bugzilla Bug 685263 - ENH: Improve the revocation process when deleting a Role with Resources or Removing a Resource from a Role

I found this article but it doesn't explain how to fix this situation: https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7013290

I can delete the role object directly in eDir, but I am guessing there is more to a role delete than simply deleting the object.

My hunch is that I should change the nrfStatus value which is currently 15.

Any thought?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: How to fix role delete stuck in pending state

I would try migrating the role though the rrd driver. Or flag it 50 first (normal stare) and delete ut again.
The driver needs an event to act on or the migration to pick up the delete.
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Migrating the roles fixed the issue.

Thanks for the advice!
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On 3/4/2019 11:14 AM, joelburke wrote:
>
> Migrating the roles fixed the issue.
>
> Thanks for the advice!

Did you have to change the nrfStatus?

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

I did not. I just had to migrate the the nrfRequest object.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On 3/19/2019 6:44 PM, joelburke wrote:
>
> I did not. I just had to migrate the the nrfRequest object.

That is probably better. I.e. Reprocess actually tries again properly.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.