Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

IDM 4.6 RBPM installation did not worked properly

Hi,

When we did the upgrade to IDM 46 RBPM the installer did not copied all required files to the folders and due to this tomcat is not starting. Now finding out what are files and folders not copied correctly and correcting manually is hectic. Can any one suggest the way to correct this.

Regards
Siva ram T
Labels (1)
0 Likes
10 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dear Siva,

Could you please provide tomcat/logs/catalina.out file or paste 'what errors are we observing while tomcat service startup time'.

Also one query, Identity Reporting also installed in same server, where we performed 'RBPM upgrade to 4.6'?

One more Suggestion: Instead of file copy from older_tomcat_conf/* or other files, please ensure proper formatting done for newly copied files - as per tomcat doc; we have to refer and merge/adjust in newly placed configuration files of tomcat.

Reference for Tomcat Migration as well: #https://tomcat.apache.org/migration.html

"
When migrating from one major Tomcat version to another (e.g. from Tomcat 7 to Tomcat 8, or from Tomcat 8 to Tomcat 8.5), you should not copy the configuration files from the old version to the new version. The recommended approach is to start with the default configuration of the new version of Apache Tomcat and to adjust it as necessary.
"

Thanks and Best Regards,
SivaPrakasamS.
Microfocus
0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hi SivaPrakasam

Thanks for your quick reply. The only message i could see in catalina.out is "Error: Could not find or load main class org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap". Identity Reporting is not installed on the same server.

Regards
Siva ram T
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dear Siva,

Thanks for your pointers.

Could you please double-check following items as well:

- Old tomcat(before_upgrade_tomcat)/bin/setenv.sh and new tomcat(after_upgraded_tomcat)/bin/setenv.sh are same; if any mismatch kindly do diff and merge/adjust the customized settings any.

- Also, ensure 'old_tomcat/conf/hibernate.cfg.xml' and 'new_tomcat/conf/hibernate.cfg.xml' updated/merged correct [please do diff once hibernate.cfg.xml, homepage-logging.xml or (if any other customized xml file in /tomcat/conf directory)]

- Ensure New hibernate.cfg.xml has updated with 'EmailApprovalToken, ProcessedEBAMails, Localization, Configuration.hbm.xml and settings.AdminClientSettings' property and its values.

Thanks and Best Regards,
SivaPrakasamS
Microfocus.
0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hi SivaPrakasam,

I could see that there are too many number of files are missing starting from bootstrap.jar. Instead of copying one by one shall i replace the entire apps folder with backup taken before upgrade and then re-run the installer ? We have our UserApp on Windows 2012 R2 Server.

At present catalin.out throws below error

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/juli/logging/LogFactory
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.<clinit>(Bootstrap.java:52)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.juli.logging.LogFactory
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
... 1 more
Exception in thread "main"

Regards
Siva ram T
0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi Siva

Can you please provide some more insight into how the upgrade went for you? Did the upgrade program report any error or warning?

You can look into the upgrade logs from the below location:
%TEMP%\rbpm_upgrade\Logs

Also, look into the UserApplication log @C:\netiq\idm\apps\UserApplication\logs\user_application_configure_log.log

Thanks,
Reyaz
0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hi All,

Please find the below log out put of Identity_Applications_Install_05_31_2017_12_21_51 file

Wed May 31 12:25:40 CEST 2017

Free Memory: 13232 kB
Total Memory: 45568 kB

java.class.path:
C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\I1496224113\InstallerData\IAClasses.zip
C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\I1496224113\InstallerData\Execute.zip
C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\I1496224113\Windows\InstallerData\Execute.zip
C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\I1496224113\InstallerData\Resource1.zip
C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\I1496224113\Windows\InstallerData\Resource1.zip
C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\I1496224113\InstallerData
C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\I1496224113\Windows\InstallerData

ZGUtil.CLASS_PATH:
C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\I1496224113\InstallerData\IAClasses.zip
C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\I1496224113\InstallerData\Execute.zip
C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\I1496224113\InstallerData

sun.boot.class.path:
C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\I1496224113\Windows\resource\jre\lib\resources.jar
C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\I1496224113\Windows\resource\jre\lib\rt.jar
C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\I1496224113\Windows\resource\jre\lib\sunrsasign.jar
C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\I1496224113\Windows\resource\jre\lib\jsse.jar
C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\I1496224113\Windows\resource\jre\lib\jce.jar
C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\I1496224113\Windows\resource\jre\lib\charsets.jar
C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\I1496224113\Windows\resource\jre\lib\jfr.jar
C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\I1496224113\Windows\resource\jre\classes

java.ext.dirs:
C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\I1496224113\Windows\resource\jre\lib\ext
C:\Windows\Sun\Java\lib\ext

java.version == 1.8.0_112 (Java 1)
java.vm.name == Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
java.vm.vendor == Oracle Corporation
java.vm.version == 25.112-b15
java.vm.specification.name == Java Virtual Machine Specification
java.vm.specification.vendor == Oracle Corporation
java.vm.specification.version == 1.8
java.specification.name == Java Platform API Specification
java.specification.vendor == Oracle Corporation
java.specification.version == 1.8
java.vendor == Oracle Corporation
java.vendor.url == http://java.oracle.com/
java.class.version == 52.0
java.library.path == C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\I1496224113\Windows\resource\jre\bin;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;D:\netiq\idm\apps\jre\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_92\bin;\\172.20.79.27\c$\Novell\NDS\DirXMLUtilities\sap\SAPUserUtils\sapjco3.jar;;.
java.compiler == null
java.home == C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\I1496224113\Windows\resource\jre
java.io.tmpdir == C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\
os.name == Windows Server 2012 R2
os.arch == amd64
os.version == 6.3
path.separator == ;
file.separator == \
file.encoding == Cp1252
user.name == z8zrm
user.home == C:\Users\z8zrm
user.dir == C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\I1496224113\Windows
user.language == en
user.region == null

Installed Feature(s) Application, Help of Identity Applications

Install Begin: MAY 31, 2017 11:48:53 AM CEST
Install End: MAY 31, 2017 12:24:15 PM CEST

Installed by InstallAnywhere 17.0 Premier Build 5158

User Interactions
-----------------

#Database Connection
#-------------------
POSTGRES_DATABASE=0
ORACLE_DATABASE=0
MS_SQL_SERVER_DATABASE=1
NETIQ_DATABASE_HOST=172.20.79.62
NETIQ_DATABASE_PORT=1433
DATABASE_DRIVER_JAR=D:\\netiq\\idm\\apps\\tomcat\\lib\\sqljdbc41.jar

#Database Credentials
#--------------------
NETIQ_DATABASE_NAME=idmuserappdb
NETIQ_DATABASE_ADMIN=idmsqldbadmin
NETIQ_DATABASE_ADMIN_PASSWORD=

#Upgrade Database Type
#---------------------
DATABASE_UPGRADE_TYPE=\"Upgrade Database Now\",\"\",\"\"
DATABASE_UPGRADE_TYPE_1=Upgrade Database Now
DATABASE_UPGRADE_TYPE_2=
DATABASE_UPGRADE_TYPE_3=
DATABASE_UPGRADE_TYPE_BOOLEAN_1=1
DATABASE_UPGRADE_TYPE_BOOLEAN_2=0
DATABASE_UPGRADE_TYPE_BOOLEAN_3=0

#Database Administrator
#----------------------
NETIQ_DATABASE_CONFIG_ADMIN=idmsqldbadmin
NETIQ_DATABASE_CONFIG_ADMIN_PASSWORD=

#Install
#-------
-fileOverwrite_C\:\\Users\\z8zrm\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\3\\rbpm_upgrade\\_Identity\ Applications_installation\\Change\ Identity\ Applications\ Installation.lax=Yes
-fileOverwrite_C\:\\Users\\z8zrm\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\3\\rbpm_upgrade\\_Identity\ Applications_installation\\resource\\iawin64_x64.dll=Yes
-fileOverwrite_C\:\\Users\\z8zrm\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\3\\rbpm_upgrade\\_Identity\ Applications_installation\\resource\\iawin32.dll=Yes
-fileOverwrite_C\:\\Users\\z8zrm\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\3\\rbpm_upgrade\\_Identity\ Applications_installation\\resource\\win64_32_x64.exe=Yes
-fileOverwrite_C\:\\Users\\z8zrm\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\3\\rbpm_upgrade\\_Identity\ Applications_installation\\resource\\remove.exe=Yes
-fileOverwrite_C\:\\Users\\z8zrm\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\3\\rbpm_upgrade\\_Identity\ Applications_installation\\resource\\invoker.exe=Yes

Summary
-------

Installation: Successful null

102 Successes
3 Warnings
0 NonFatalErrors
0 FatalErrors

Action Notes:

None

Install Log Detail:

Check Disk Space: C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\rbpm_upgrade
Additional Notes: NOTE - Required Disk Space:370,460,284 Bytes Free Disk Space:43,078,406,144 Bytes

Custom Action: com.netiq.idm.install.rbpm.upgrade.actions.LogInstallInfoAction

Custom Action: com.zerog.ia.customcode.util.fileutils.ExtractToFile

Custom Action: com.netiq.idm.install.rbpm.upgrade.actions.ScanForExistingInstallations

Custom Action: com.netiq.idm.install.rbpm.upgrade.actions.GetTomcatPorts

Custom Action: com.netiq.idm.install.rbpm.upgrade.actions.GetDBConnectionInfoAction

Custom Action: com.netiq.idm.install.rbpm.upgrade.actions.ValidateDatabaseConnectionInput

Custom Action: com.netiq.idm.install.rbpm.upgrade.actions.ValidateDatabaseCredentialsInput

Custom Action: com.netiq.idm.install.rbpm.upgrade.actions.ValidateDatabaseAdministratorCredentials

Custom Action: com.netiq.idm.install.rbpm.upgrade.actions.TestDBConnection

Custom Action: com.netiq.idm.install.rbpm.upgrade.actions.GetCurrentDateTimeAction

Copy Folder: Destination: C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\rbpm_upgrade\rbpm_configuration\tomcat

Copy File: Destination: C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\rbpm_upgrade\rbpm_configuration\tomcat\setenv.bat

Copy File: Destination:
Additional Notes: WARNING - Source D:\Java\jdk1.8.0_112\lib\security\cacerts does not exist.

Copy File: Destination: C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\rbpm_upgrade\rbpm_configuration\osp\global.properties

Copy File: Destination: C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\rbpm_upgrade\rbpm_configuration\osp\osp.jks

Custom Action: com.netiq.idm.install.rbpm.upgrade.actions.ReadTomcatConfigurationAction

Custom Action: com.netiq.idm.install.rbpm.upgrade.actions.ReadOSPConfigurationAction

Custom Action: com.netiq.idm.install.rbpm.upgrade.actions.ReadUserAppConfigurationAction

Custom Action: com.netiq.idm.install.rbpm.upgrade.actions.EscapeFileAndFolderPaths

Stopping Windows Service: IDM Apps Tomcat Service

Custom Action: com.netiq.idm.install.rbpm.upgrade.actions.WaitForTomcatStopAction

Custom Action: com.netiq.idm.install.rbpm.upgrade.actions.StopTomcatJREprocess

Check Disk Space: C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\rbpm_upgrade
Additional Notes: NOTE - Required Disk Space:178,751,984 Bytes Free Disk Space:43,078,406,144 Bytes

Install Directory: C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\rbpm_upgrade\
Additional Notes: NOTE - Directory already existed

Install Directory: C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\rbpm_upgrade\_Identity Applications_installation\

Install Uninstaller: Identity Applications(Install All Uninstaller Components)

Install Directory: C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\rbpm_upgrade\jre

Install JRE: C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\rbpm_upgrade\jre

Install File: C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\rbpm_upgrade\_Identity Applications_installation\Change Identity Applications Installation.exe

Install File: C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\rbpm_upgrade\_Identity Applications_installation\Change Identity Applications Installation.lax

Install Directory: C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\rbpm_upgrade\_Identity Applications_installation\resource\

Install File: C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\rbpm_upgrade\_Identity Applications_installation\resource\iawin64_x64.dll

Install File: C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\rbpm_upgrade\_Identity Applications_installation\resource\iawin32.dll

Install File: C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\rbpm_upgrade\_Identity Applications_installation\resource\win64_32_x64.exe

Install File: C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\rbpm_upgrade\_Identity Applications_installation\resource\remove.exe

Install File: C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\rbpm_upgrade\_Identity Applications_installation\resource\invoker.exe

Make Registry Entry: Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Identity Applications
Value Name: DisplayName
Value Data: Identity Applications

Make Registry Entry: Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Identity Applications
Value Name: UninstallString
Value Data: "C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\rbpm_upgrade\_Identity Applications_installation\Change Identity Applications Installation.exe"

Value Name: Publisher
Value Data: NetIQ Corporation

Value Name: URLInfoAbout
Value Data: http://www.netiq.com

Value Name: URLUpdateInfo

Value Name: Contact
Value Data: support@netiq.com

Value Name: ProductID
Value Data: 18ee89af-1f2a-11b2-94de-b89fe3d8ad60

Value Name: InstallLocation
Value Data: C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\rbpm_upgrade

Value Name: InstallDate
Value Data: Wed May 31 12:21:51 CEST 2017

Value Name: HelpLink

Value Name: DisplayVersion
Value Data: 4.6.0.0

Install Uninstaller: Identity Applications(Install All Uninstaller Components)

Install File: C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\rbpm_upgrade\upgrade_properties\osp.upgrade.properties

Install File: C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\rbpm_upgrade\upgrade_properties\posgresql.upgrade.properties

Install File: C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\rbpm_upgrade\upgrade_properties\sspr.upgrade.properties

Install File: C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\rbpm_upgrade\upgrade_properties\tomcat.upgrade.properties

Install File: C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\rbpm_upgrade\upgrade_properties\user_app.upgrade.properties

Expand Archive: C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\rbpm_upgrade\upgrade_properties.zip

Move Folder: Destination: C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\846746.tmp\

Move Folder: Destination: d:\netiq\idm\apps\osp_sspr_backup_05312017_122033

Move Folder: Destination: d:\netiq\idm\apps\UserApplication_backup_05312017_122033

Delete Folder: Source:UserApplication

Execute Command: sc delete "IDM Apps Tomcat Service"

Move Folder: Destination: d:\netiq\idm\apps\tomcat_backup_05312017_122033

Delete Folder: Source:tomcat

Move Folder: Destination: d:\netiq\idm\apps\activemq_backup_05312017_122033
Additional Notes: WARNING - There was a problem copying d:\netiq\idm\apps\activemq_backup_05312017_122033

Delete Folder: Source:activemq

Move Folder: Destination: d:\netiq\idm\apps\jre_backup_05312017_122033

Delete Folder: Source:TomcatPostgreSQL_Uninstaller

Modify Text File - Single File: C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\846746.tmp\upgrade_properties\tomcat.upgrade.properties

Execute Command: cmd /c "E:\RBPM\postgre_tomcat_install\TomcatPostgreSQL.exe -i silent -f C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\846746.tmp\upgrade_properties\tomcat.upgrade.properties"

Copy File: Destination: d:\netiq\idm\apps\tomcat\conf\ism-configuration.properties

Modify Text File - Single File: C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\846746.tmp\upgrade_properties\osp.upgrade.properties

Execute Script/Batch file: Install OSP

Copy File: Destination: d:\netiq\idm\apps\osp_sspr\osp\osp.jks

Custom Action: com.netiq.idm.install.rbpm.upgrade.actions.UpdateOSPSettings

Move File: Destination: d:\netiq\idm\apps\jre\lib\security\cacerts

Copy File: Destination: d:\netiq\idm\apps\jre\lib\security\cacerts
Additional Notes: WARNING - Source C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\rbpm_upgrade\rbpm_configuration\java\cacerts does not exist.

Modify Text File - Single File: C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\846746.tmp\upgrade_properties\user_app.upgrade.properties

Execute Script/Batch file: Install UserApp

Copy File: Destination: d:\netiq\idm\apps\tomcat\conf\catalog-admin-logging.xml

Copy File: Destination: d:\netiq\idm\apps\tomcat\conf\dash-logging.xml

Copy File: Destination: d:\netiq\idm\apps\tomcat\conf\idmuserapp_logging.xml

Copy File: Destination: d:\netiq\idm\apps\tomcat\conf\jboss-log4j.xml

Copy File: Destination: d:\netiq\idm\apps\tomcat\conf\homepage-logging.xml

Copy File: Destination: d:\netiq\idm\apps\tomcat\conf\hibernate.cfg.xml

Custom Action: com.netiq.idm.install.rbpm.upgrade.actions.UpdateUserAppSettings

Custom Action: com.netiq.idm.install.rbpm.upgrade.conf.newConf.UpdateHibernateCfg

Custom Action: com.netiq.idm.install.rbpm.upgrade.conf.newConf.UpdateHomePageLogging

Delete File: Source:cacerts
Additional Notes: NOTE - Source file cacerts does not exist.

Move File: Destination: d:\netiq\idm\apps\jre\lib\security\cacerts_bkp

Copy File: Destination: C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\rbpm_upgrade\Logs\rbpm_upgrade_debug.log

Execute Script/Batch file: Clear temporary files
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dear Siva,

Thanks for your log file.

3 Warnings

Copy File: Destination:
Additional Notes: WARNING - Source D:\Java\jdk1.8.0_112\lib\security\cacerts does not exist.

Additional Notes: WARNING - There was a problem copying d:\netiq\idm\apps\activemq_backup_05312017_122033

Copy File: Destination: d:\netiq\idm\apps\jre\lib\security\cacerts
Additional Notes: WARNING - Source C:\Users\z8zrm\AppData\Local\Temp\3\rbpm_upgrade\rbpm_configuration\java\cacerts does not exist.

Could you please check for above 3 Warnings displays on your setup: Probably we need to check those and rectify the same to get 'no startup errors' in tomcat catalina.out.

- Launch Configupdate Utility -> UserApplication and map 'appropriate keystore cacerts' certificates

- There were activemq copy problem, do we have enough disk space on your disk drive.

- Also could see, there are two partitions C: and 😧 drives, is that making any difference.

Thanks and Best Regards,
SivaPrakasamS
MicroFocus.
0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Thanks for the analyzing the log. With the help of Neitiq Support we found that in System Variable PATH value there was a reference to old jdk which caused the issues.

Tomcat started working after replacing the activemq folder with the one received from Netiq Support.

Sufficient disk space exist in C: and 😧

Regards
Siva ram T
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks a lot Siva for your confirmation, glad it works for you.

Best Regards,
SivaPrakasamS.
MicroFocus.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Thanks for sharing the log output.

I'm more concerned on the following warning in the log:

Can you please also share the contents of %TEMP%\rbpm_upgrade\Logs\rbpm_upgrade_debug.log which can provide some more insight into this issue. .

Also, since bootstrap.jar and ActiveMQ are installed as part of tomcat installation, it will be helpful to look into the tomcat install log @d:\netiq\idm\apps\tomcat\logs\tomcat_postgresql_configure_log.log
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.