schwoerb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

IDM 4.7 Identity Apps Settings screen not working

I am having an issue where some functionality is not working in the 4.7.1 Identity Apps.

The most concrete example I get is that in my non-working environment, the UserApp Admin can't bring up the settings page to set any settings. All I get is a spinning circle. When tracing out the browser, I can see that I am getting a 404 for /IDMProv/rest/access/config/clients/. In the environment that does work, I get a 401 for the same page. At that point the two environments seemingly converge.

I don't see any error logs that would help point to where this is going wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
14 Replies
schwoerb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: IDM 4.7 Identity Apps Settings screen not working

SLES 12 SP3 for both the working and the non-working setup.
0 Likes
schwoerb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

After clicking around a bunch, I was able to get a stack exception.

Here are the parts that I think start showing where the problem is. It appears that it is not loading some of the configuration files.

Caused by: com.netiq.idm.settings.AdminClientSettingsException
at com.netiq.idm.rest.access.AdminSettingsManager.isAuthorizedToServiceConfigurationUnderSettingsForKey(AdminSettingsManager.java:2049)
at com.netiq.idm.rest.util.AdminRestUtills.checkAccessForRestAPI(AdminRestUtills.java:407)
... 62 more
Caused by: org.codehaus.jettison.json.JSONException: JSONObject["logging"] not found.
at org.codehaus.jettison.json.JSONObject.get(JSONObject.java:360)
at com.netiq.idm.rest.access.AdminSettingsManager.isAuthorizedToServiceConfigurationUnderSettingsForKey(AdminSettingsManager.java:2018)
... 63 more
Aug 28, 2018 8:06:32 AM com.sun.jersey.spi.container.ContainerResponse mapMappableContainerException
SEVERE: The RuntimeException could not be mapped to a response, re-throwing to the HTTP container
java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find resource for bundle com.netiq.idm.settings.AdminClientSettingsRsrc, key CLIENT_SETTINGS_ERROR
at java.util.ResourceBundle.getObject(ResourceBundle.java:450)
at java.util.ResourceBundle.getObject(ResourceBundle.java:444)
at java.util.ResourceBundle.getString(ResourceBundle.java:407)
at com.netiq.common.i18n.LocalizationHelper.getFormattedString(LocalizationHelper.java:330)
at com.netiq.common.i18n.LocalizationHelper.getFormattedString(LocalizationHelper.java:297)
at com.netiq.common.i18n.LocalizedString.getLocalizedMessage(LocalizedString.java:356)
at com.netiq.common.i18n.LocalizedException.getLocalizedMessage(LocalizedException.java:283)
at com.netiq.common.i18n.LocalizedException.getLocalizedMessage(LocalizedException.java:281)
at com.netiq.idm.rest.util.RestExceptionUtil.buildErrorResponse(RestExceptionUtil.java:69)
at com.netiq.idm.rest.admin.LoggingService.getLogConfigurations(LoggingService.java:195)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
0 Likes
boz1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I had similar problem.
I saw in my logs that I had a keystore password problem, I re entered the password trough configupdate.sh and it works fine now.
Hope this helps...

//boz
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On 8/31/2018 4:06 AM, boz wrote:
>
> I had similar problem.
> I saw in my logs that I had a keystore password problem, I re entered
> the password trough configupdate.sh and it works fine now.
> Hope this helps...

I did not see any keystore issues referenced in his trace sample, did you?

0 Likes
boz1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thats is correct, nothing mentioned about that, but that error came only during startup and nothing showed up in the logs around this problem.
This solved my problem and I just wanted to share that if that could help someone else.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On 8/31/2018 9:04 AM, boz wrote:
>
> Thats is correct, nothing mentioned about that, but that error came only
> during startup and nothing showed up in the logs around this problem.
> This solved my problem and I just wanted to share that if that could
> help someone else.

An excellent point! With Identity Apps there are at least two security
domains for web logins. OSP and teh Apps themselves, and those two need
to trust each other. You can get wonky results if that is not the case.

(If using NAM, that is a third and all three need to trust each other).

0 Likes
sumanr Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is this an upgrade scenario from IDM 4.7 to 4.7.1? If yes, Is it possible to share the catalina.out file created right after the upgrade?

Installer would have enabled the flag below in ism-configuration.properties which will take care of updating client settings. In your case, client settings were not updated. Can you check whether this flag is enabled or disabled at present?

com.netiq.idm.rbpm.updateConfig-On-StartUp
0 Likes
schwoerb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

it is not set. Is it safe to set it to true and then restart at any point?
0 Likes
schwoerb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

That fixed some of the errors, but I am still not able to get the settings screen to work.

I am getting a 404 error for accessing '/IDMProv/rest/access/config/clients/'. In the Catalina.out logs, I am seeing...

SEVERE: The response of the WebApplicationException cannot be utilized as the response is already committed. Re-throwing to the HTTP container
javax.ws.rs.WebApplicationException: javax.xml.bind.MarshalException
- with linked exception:
[javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: org.apache.catalina.connector.ClientAbortException: java.io.IOException: Broken pipe]
at com.sun.jersey.core.provider.jaxb.AbstractRootElementProvider.writeTo(AbstractRootElementProvider.java:151)
at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.ContainerResponse.write(ContainerResponse.java:289)
at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.WebApplicationImpl._handleRequest(WebApplicationImpl.java:1029)
at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.WebApplicationImpl.handleRequest(WebApplicationImpl.java:941)
at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.WebApplicationImpl.handleRequest(WebApplicationImpl.java:932)
at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.WebComponent.service(WebComponent.java:384)
at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContainer.java:451)
at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContainer.java:632)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:742)
Caused by: javax.xml.bind.MarshalException
- with linked exception:
[javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: org.apache.catalina.connector.ClientAbortException: java.io.IOException: Broken pipe]
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.MarshallerImpl.write(MarshallerImpl.java:335)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.MarshallerImpl.marshal(MarshallerImpl.java:175)
at com.sun.jersey.json.impl.BaseJSONMarshaller.marshallToJSON(BaseJSONMarshaller.java:100)
at com.sun.jersey.json.impl.provider.entity.JSONRootElementProvider.writeTo(JSONRootElementProvider.java:111)
at com.sun.jersey.core.provider.jaxb.AbstractRootElementProvider.writeTo(AbstractRootElementProvider.java:149)
... 54 more
Caused by: javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: org.apache.catalina.connector.ClientAbortException: java.io.IOException: Broken pipe
at com.sun.jersey.json.impl.writer.JsonXmlStreamWriter.writeStartElement(JsonXmlStreamWriter.java:438)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.output.XMLStreamWriterOutput.beginStartTag(XMLStreamWriterOutput.java:113)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.output.XmlOutputAbstractImpl.beginStartTag(XmlOutputAbstractImpl.java:98)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.output.NamespaceContextImpl$Element.startElement(NamespaceContextImpl.java:483)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.XMLSerializer.endNamespaceDecls(XMLSerializer.java:283)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.XMLSerializer.childAsXsiType(XMLSerializer.java:674)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.property.ArrayElementNodeProperty.serializeItem(ArrayElementNodeProperty.java:65)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.property.ArrayElementProperty.serializeListBody(ArrayElementProperty.java:168)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.property.ArrayERProperty.serializeBody(ArrayERProperty.java:152)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.ClassBeanInfoImpl.serializeBody(ClassBeanInfoImpl.java:322)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.XMLSerializer.childAsSoleContent(XMLSerializer.java:589)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.ClassBeanInfoImpl.serializeRoot(ClassBeanInfoImpl.java:312)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.XMLSerializer.childAsRoot(XMLSerializer.java:490)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.MarshallerImpl.write(MarshallerImpl.java:328)
... 58 more
Caused by: org.apache.catalina.connector.ClientAbortException: java.io.IOException: Broken pipe
at org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.realWriteBytes(OutputBuffer.java:356)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.appendByteArray(OutputBuffer.java:785)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.append(OutputBuffer.java:714)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.writeBytes(OutputBuffer.java:391)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.write(OutputBuffer.java:369)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteOutputStream.write(CoyoteOutputStream.java:96)
at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.WebComponent$Writer.write(WebComponent.java:276)
at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.ContainerResponse$CommittingOutputStream.write(ContainerResponse.java:130)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.writeBytes(StreamEncoder.java:221)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.implWrite(StreamEncoder.java:282)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.write(StreamEncoder.java:125)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.write(StreamEncoder.java:135)
at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.write(OutputStreamWriter.java:220)
at java.io.Writer.write(Writer.java:157)
at com.sun.jersey.json.impl.writer.JsonXmlStreamWriter$WriterAdapter.write(JsonXmlStreamWriter.java:75)
at com.sun.jersey.json.impl.writer.JsonXmlStreamWriter.writeStartElement(JsonXmlStreamWriter.java:433)
... 71 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Broken pipe
at sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcherImpl.write0(Native Method)
at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.write(SocketDispatcher.java:47)
at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.writeFromNativeBuffer(IOUtil.java:93)
at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.write(IOUtil.java:65)
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.write(SocketChannelImpl.java:471)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioChannel.write(NioChannel.java:134)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioBlockingSelector.write(NioBlockingSelector.java:101)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioSelectorPool.write(NioSelectorPool.java:157)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$NioSocketWrapper.doWrite(NioEndpoint.java:1267)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketWrapperBase.doWrite(SocketWrapperBase.java:670)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketWrapperBase.writeBlocking(SocketWrapperBase.java:419)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketWrapperBase.write(SocketWrapperBase.java:361)
at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.writeData(AjpProcessor.java:1374)
at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.access$900(AjpProcessor.java:55)
at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor$SocketOutputBuffer.doWrite(AjpProcessor.java:1492)
at org.apache.coyote.Response.doWrite(Response.java:541)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.realWriteBytes(OutputBuffer.java:351)
... 86 more
0 Likes
sumanr Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Error code 404 indicates API is not found. Can you check browser network to see the other APIs return proper response with success response code 200. We can have a remote debug session.
0 Likes
Highlighted
schwoerb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, that is the only one I see that is returning a 404. I would be interested in setting up a remote debug session.
0 Likes
schwoerb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have a second server built that is not exhibiting this problem. I was curious where the configuration for the rest end points are stored such that I can compare the two servers.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

sumanr;2486877 wrote:
Is this an upgrade scenario from IDM 4.7 to 4.7.1? If yes, Is it possible to share the catalina.out file created right after the upgrade?

Installer would have enabled the flag below in ism-configuration.properties which will take care of updating client settings. In your case, client settings were not updated. Can you check whether this flag is enabled or disabled at present?

com.netiq.idm.rbpm.updateConfig-On-StartUp

Is this a one-shot only option?
Did a upgrade from pre 4.7 (never started 4.7 idapps before I patched further to 4.7.1)

Tried the updateConfig-On-StartUp setting now and it seemed to populate a few more options. Still can’t see many of the options i’d expect compared to a totally fresh 4.7.1 install.
Alex McHugh - Knowledge Partner - Stavanger, Norway
Who are the Knowledge Partners
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

If your upgrade failed to add this. Try the following

Add the following two lines near the end of your tomcat/conf/hibernate.cfg.xml.

<mapping class="com.netiq.icfg.srv.persist.PageItem"/>
<mapping class="com.novell.idm.nrf.persist.RequestCounter"/>

Set "com.netiq.idm.rbpm.updateConfig-On-StartUp = true" in ism-configuration.properties.

Restart tomcat and the settings screen should work on 4.7.1
Alex McHugh - Knowledge Partner - Stavanger, Norway
Who are the Knowledge Partners
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.