Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

IDM 4.7. UA Portal: No default 'My Profile' object found. Please contact your System Administrator.

Hello!

After updating DAL Entities (adding new attributes to the User and User Lookup entities) and deploying I get the following error when I enter to the UA Portal:

No default 'My Profile' object found. Please contact your System Administrator.2020-06-30 18_39_09-Window.png

How can I fix it? I've tried to re-deploy DAL, restart UA Driver, restart Tomcat (tomcat and activemq services), but the problem is still here.

Labels (1)
8 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: IDM 4.7. UA Portal: No default 'My Profile' object found. Please contact your System Administrat

Do you see this with all users, or just one?

Also could you post the part of catalina.out which show the login, and hopeful error?

Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: IDM 4.7. UA Portal: No default 'My Profile' object found. Please contact your System Administrat

I THINK this might be related to the srvprvUserPreferencesPlus or somesuch attribute?

Do you have any ACL grants for [This] object at the root of the user containers?

Like pwmResponse or pwmOTP?  Specifically I think there is a preferences attribute on users that they need permission to modify. Or I could be wrong. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

I've added the middleName attribute from sapAddOnUM aux class to the User entity in DAL with the following Access parameters:

2020-07-02 13_03_17-Window.png

Most of the users have this attribute in eDirectory. All my users are below the 'data' container.

In iManager I went to 'Roles and Tasks - Rights -  View Effective Rights' and select one of the users who gets 'My Profile' error. And according to the output, he has 'Compare' and 'Read' rights to all attributes (including rights to the middleName attribute). And everything worked perfectly before I changed DAL.

Maybe I missed something. What rights should I set and where exactly (in iManager?) after changing DAL?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

So... I've just figured out what's wrong. It's actually very stupid but maybe hard to detect issue: During DAL modification in Designer, I accidentally changed the type of the 'First Name' attribute of the 'User' entity from 'String' to 'Time' by scrolling through the page... And there was an error during converting LDAP time attribute that was a string actually. After changing it back to 'String' it seems to work for most of the users.

But the problem is still here for (at least) one of the users. In catalina.out I see the following: https://pastebin.com/ivAebYmd

Looks like the user itself can't read their own object. It is some rights issue that appears after DAL modification. It looks strange since I have another user with the same rights to their own object, but he doesn't get 'My Profile' error.

Here is the 'problem' user and his rights:

2020-07-02 14_22_30-Window.png

And here is the user that works fine:

2020-07-02 14_24_02-Window.png

I see no differences here, but for some reason, I still get 'My Profile' error for the first user.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Quick question. Do both users have same auxiliary classes (e.g. sapAddOnUM you've mentioned before)?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Yes - they have the same classes:

'Problem' user:

2020-07-02 15_01_24-Window.png

And the 'good' one:

2020-07-02 15_02_35-Window.png

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Have you checked the ObjectClass list in portal admin user object (default uaadmin)? AFAIR the default profile is read from this particular object, but if for any reason it does not fit into 'user' entity filter (for example lack of aux class marked as required or just attribute rule not matching) such errors can occur.
Few times I ran into situation where customizations done to default user entity prevented the admin account from logging in to portal. If that account won't be valid in system user entity terms, many problems may pop out.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

I THINK I have stumbled upon this once before, years ago. Error showed when I was logging in with uaadmin, but not with standard user.

It was long ago so don't take this information as 100% accurate.

I think I've added attributes to DAL that were part of some aux class. But users reporting error did not have that aux class. So after adding that aux class to those users, error went away.

Kind regards,

Sebastijan

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.