Techlord Absent Member.
Absent Member.

IDM 4.7 and Windows Server 2019

We are about to implement Ad in our environment, and we have a test Windows Server 2016 server setup. We have IDM 4.7 set up, and just did our sync and population of the identity vault. Are syncing our curretn eDir to the Identity Vault as well. Now this is where we have some worry, We will probably want to use Windows Server 2019, since it is out...We will be using only the remote loader on the domain controller. Is anyone syncing to Windows Server 2019 with success from IDM. Any issues that you know of? The documentation says remote loader up to Windows Server 2016 works....I am hoping there are people using Windows Server 2019.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: IDM 4.7 and Windows Server 2019

Techlord;2492125 wrote:
We are about to implement Ad in our environment, and we have a test Windows Server 2016 server setup. We have IDM 4.7 set up, and just did our sync and population of the identity vault. Are syncing our curretn eDir to the Identity Vault as well. Now this is where we have some worry, We will probably want to use Windows Server 2019, since it is out...We will be using only the remote loader on the domain controller. Is anyone syncing to Windows Server 2019 with success from IDM. Any issues that you know of? The documentation says remote loader up to Windows Server 2016 works....I am hoping there are people using Windows Server 2019.

Hi Techlord,
Do you need to synchronize password between eDir and AD? (or only account syncronization).

I didn't tried Win2k19 yet, but I believe that it still support DirSYNC API (that IDM AD driver use) and I don't expect any issue here.
Techlord Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, we will sync password too. Thank-you al_b, this is good to know. We will also test, but it gives us some reassurance to know it will more than likely work.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Techlord wrote:

>
> We are about to implement Ad in our environment, and we have a test
> Windows Server 2016 server setup. We have IDM 4.7 set up, and just did
> our sync and population of the identity vault. Are syncing our curretn
> eDir to the Identity Vault as well. Now this is where we have some
> worry, We will probably want to use Windows Server 2019, since it is
> out...We will be using only the remote loader on the domain controller.
> Is anyone syncing to Windows Server 2019 with success from IDM. Any
> issues that you know of? The documentation says remote loader up to
> Windows Server 2016 works....I am hoping there are people using Windows
> Server 2019.

Last I heard, was that certified support for Windows Server 2019 (AD DC) is
likely to arrive in IDM 4.8 (whenever that is released)

Likely the pwfilter works on Server 2019 (rarely needs to be updated).
There are no AD functional level changes in Windows server 2019 so the AD shim
likely also works.
What is less sure is whether any compatability changes are made that might
impact the Remote Loader component. (again unlikely)

--
If you find this post helpful, and are viewing this using the web, please show
your appreciation by clicking on the star below
Alex McHugh - Knowledge Partner - Stavanger, Norway
Who are the Knowledge Partners
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.