Captain
Captain

IDM 4.8.2.x: SOAP getWork request failed

Jump to solution

Hi all,

new version, new problems... with the  current patch IDM 4.8.2.1 i get problems with the SOAP Call getWork.

Could anyone check that request with SOAP UI or something else and give me a feedback. If there more people with the same problem i would collect - i have an open SR.

Following i post request and response - tested with SOAPUI -> UserApplication. The problem is the change in date field. The rest interface has no problem with that because it can deal with that (changed) type. The SOAP interface looks in the defaultRoleRequest definition for a date field.

From my perspective the developing changes on internal interface (idmprov) were not checked against soap. This is the third request - looks in my history to find another examples.

best regards

Taito

Request:
   <soapenv:Header/>
   <soapenv:Body>
      <ser:getWorkRequest>
         <!--Optional:-->
         <ser:arg0>3d1c3b8445ac4dabbcb48cbb75e2c2f0</ser:arg0>
      </ser:getWorkRequest>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Response:

<SOAP-ENV:Body>
      <SOAP-ENV:Fault>
         <faultcode>Client</faultcode>
         <faultstring>Server Error</faultstring>
         <detail>
            <ns1:AdminException xmlns="http://www.novell.com/provisioning/service" xmlns:ns1="http://www.novell.com/provisioning/service">
               <ns2:reason xmlns="http://www.novell.com/soa/af/impl/soap" xmlns:ns2="http://www.novell.com/soa/af/impl/soap">Attempt to set value on Data item [requestDate] using incorrect type; expecting [date] got [java.lang.Long]..</ns2:reason>
            </ns1:AdminException>
            <stackTrace xsi:type="xsd:string">com.novell.soa.af.impl.soap.AdminException={_Reason=Attempt to set value on Data item [requestDate] using incorrect type; expecting [date] got [java.lang.Long]..}
at com.novell.soa.af.impl.soap.ProvisioningImpl.createAdminException(ProvisioningImpl.java:428)
at com.novell.soa.af.impl.soap.ProvisioningImpl.getWork(ProvisioningImpl.java:2517)
at com.novell.soa.af.impl.soap.Provisioning_ServiceSkeleton._invoke(Provisioning_ServiceSkeleton.java:760)
at com.novell.soa.ws.server.ServletSkeleton.invokeEndPoint(ServletSkeleton.java:244)
at com.novell.soa.ws.impl.soap.MessageHandlerInvoker.invokeServerMessageHandlers(MessageHandlerInvoker.java:348)
at com.novell.soa.ws.impl.soap.SOAPHandler.handleServerRequest(SOAPHandler.java:84)
at com.novell.soa.ws.impl.rpc.ServerDelegateImpl.handleServerRequest(ServerDelegateImpl.java:92)
at com.novell.soa.ws.server.ServletSkeleton.handleRequest(ServletSkeleton.java:105)
at com.novell.soa.ws.server.ServletSkeleton.doPost(ServletSkeleton.java:366)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:652)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:733)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:231)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166)
at com.novell.common.auth.JAASFilter.doFilter(JAASFilter.java:149)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166)
at com.novell.common.auth.saml.AuthTokenGeneratorFilter.doFilter(AuthTokenGeneratorFilter.java:119)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
at com.novell.common.auth.sso.SSOFilter.doFilter(SSOFilter.java:165)
at com.novell.soa.common.i18n.BestLocaleServletFilter.doFilter(BestLocaleServletFilter.java:241)
at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:53)
at org.apache.catalina.filters.HttpHeaderSecurityFilter.doFilter(HttpHeaderSecurityFilter.java:126)
at com.novell.common.ForceNoCacheFilter.doFilter(ForceNoCacheFilter.java:69)
at com.novell.common.CrossScriptingFilter.doFilter(CrossScriptingFilter.java:53)
at com.novell.common.HttpSecurityHeadersFilter.doFilter(HttpSecurityHeadersFilter.java:132)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:202)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:96)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:541)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:139)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:92)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AbstractAccessLogValve.invoke(AbstractAccessLogValve.java:690)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:74)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:343)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.service(Http11Processor.java:373)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProcessorLight.process(AbstractProcessorLight.java:65)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$ConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:868)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1589)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketProcessorBase.run(SocketProcessorBase.java:49)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)</stackTrace>
         </detail>
      </SOAP-ENV:Fault>
   </SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Captain
Captain

Hi Sebastijan,

yes, i get a solution -> i get a quickfix from MicroFocus - that was a bug. That Quickfix was only for testing and now i wait for IDM 4.8.3 (this SP fixed that problem). MF say that could go to public in the Q1 of 2021. Finger crossed.

If you need the solution before, go in contact with MF. My SR Number was #101316040511 an in the internal bug number is OCTCR28Q301012.

Hope that helps...

happy christmas and stay safe

Taito

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

@K5-Karma You've posted this month ago. I'm facing exactly the same problem. Have you found solution or workaround? (Please say yes 😊)

Captain
Captain

Hi Sebastijan,

yes, i get a solution -> i get a quickfix from MicroFocus - that was a bug. That Quickfix was only for testing and now i wait for IDM 4.8.3 (this SP fixed that problem). MF say that could go to public in the Q1 of 2021. Finger crossed.

If you need the solution before, go in contact with MF. My SR Number was #101316040511 an in the internal bug number is OCTCR28Q301012.

Hope that helps...

happy christmas and stay safe

Taito

View solution in original post

Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Thanks, K5-Karma, you made my day 😊
Jus opened SR and hopefully I'll get quickfix soon.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.