Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

IDM 4.8 FormBuilder Workflow setting Date

Hi,
I am trying to set "Login Expiration Time" from a new workflow form but I always get:

2019-11-22 15:46:02,137 ERROR [com.novell.srvprv.impl.vdata.model.VirtualEntityAttribute] (WORKFLOW pool-1-workflow engine-ND-thread-1) [WORKFLOW] Invalid object type for DAL Time attribute: 'LoginExpirationTime' . Must be Java type: java.util.Date

The DAL entity seems to be fine as it works in "old school" workflows. Using a Date / Time control in Form Builder, putting the result into flowdata and using this value did not work. Also trying to convert the value in multiple ways did not help. Any suggestions?

regards
Daniel

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Daniel, 

what value is in the flowdata? 

regards 

Pascal

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Pascal,
if you log the value into a log activity you will receive "20191126092723000+0100" (LDAP format). This is exactly what you see if you log the value within an old workflow.

The longer I think about the more I conclude that the flowdata handling differs between JSON and Old School Forms Workflows. E.g. I set "new java.util.Date()" in a modify entity which didn't throw an error in old workflows but did throw above error in JSON workflows. But there was both times no value invovled which was received from any form. That means the send data of JSON forms is not the problem, does it?

regards
Daniel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

We got a patch for testing from support. It's a bug.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi Daniel,

can you elaborate more on the fix you got? It would be very interesting for everyone I guess

Thanks

Thomas

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

So is this confirmed a bug and is there any patch released for this? I checked the release notes for 4.8.0.1 and it is not resolving this issue.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.