rrawson Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

IDM 4.8 designer show form builder

Jump to solution

Designer 4.8 on Linux (LEAP 15.1)

How do you open the new forms builder? I created a form successfully cannot edit it. Following directions in docs does not seem to work, tried rightclicking and choosing edit on the object, no joy. Anyone have some sage advice?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rehtael Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: IDM 4.8 designer show form builder

Jump to solution

@rrawson 

I've fixed it....

cd <designer_install>/plugins/
find -iname "*.so" -exec chmod 755 '{}' \;
find -iname "*.bin" -exec chmod 755 '{}' \;
chmod 755 com.mf.linux.gtk.formbuilder_4.0.0.201910221727/lib/form-builder

Then, when you click OK on creating a new Form, the form builder window will open

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

I'll try and replicate on my Leap when I get home...will let you know if I find anything

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Sorry for delay. Same thing (in fact none of it appears to be working properly).

You will probably need to log a SR

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

So, fresh install in blank workspace results in:

missing_designer.png

Then on restart, and accepting update, results in:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty

*sigh*, so I think there is something wrong with the whole 4.8 version

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Do you also find that with creating a new form the "Ok" button  doesn't appear to do anything, or progress forward, but the object is created in designer?

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Yes.

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

The log has:

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/opt/MicroFocus/Designer/plugins/com.mf.linux.gtk.formbuilder_4.0.0.201910221727/lib/form-builder": error=13, Permission denied

which is wrong as I've just checked the file permissions and I have 664

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

@rrawson 

I've fixed it....

cd <designer_install>/plugins/
find -iname "*.so" -exec chmod 755 '{}' \;
find -iname "*.bin" -exec chmod 755 '{}' \;
chmod 755 com.mf.linux.gtk.formbuilder_4.0.0.201910221727/lib/form-builder

Then, when you click OK on creating a new Form, the form builder window will open

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thank you very much!

Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Logged Bug 1163062 for this. If you have a support agreement, adding an SR to it would help getting the package rectified.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi @Rehtael, thank you for your answer!

I'm also having trouble launching the Form Builder on my Tumbleweed (version: 20200127).

Before applying your answer, I saw a `Permission denied` exception in my `.metadata/.log` file.

After applying the above commands, restarting the Designer, and trying to open my form, nothing happens. The Form Builder does not open, and the previously seen exception is no longer shown in the log file.

Can you please suggest something to help me troubleshoot this issue? Are there any other logs, for example, a log file specific for the Form Builder Electron application itself?

PS:

I have also tried running form builder directly from my shell, like this:

designer_4_8/plugins/com.mf.linux.gtk.formbuilder_4.0.0.201910221727/lib/form-builder

This results in the following error message:

(form-builder:19333): Pango-ERROR **: 16:45:38.803: Harfbuzz version too old (1.4.2)

Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)

I think this might be relevant for solving the issue.

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

I just updated my Tumbleweed today, so will install on it and see...

I suspect a shared library somewhere is incompatible.

The documentation  says "OpenSUSE Leap 15 or later", so only 15 and 15.1 (15.2 shortly) would be supported. Tumbleweed wouldn't be.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.