Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

IDM 4.8 form builder - check if user exists

Hello,

We are trying to build a new request form on IDM 4.8 form builder.

The form is being used for creating new user on the IDM.

We need to check if a user is already exists, so we want to add the validation on the idNumber for field (unique field).

The validation function is added to the custom validation option of the idNumber field.

We uses the IDM globalQuery in order to check if the user is exists, based on the value of the field.

The problem is that the IDVault.globalQuery function is an asynchronous function, so the validation function continues after the call to the globalQuery so we cannot wait for it. That is a problem since custom validation function force us to set the "valid" parameter.

I can't find any solution for calling the globalQuery function in a synchronous way.

Can you please advise?

Thanks,

Tomer.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: IDM 4.8 form builder - check if user exists

I haven't used the new form builder much at all, but could you leverage something like async await to make your global query more synchronous? I suppose you could also leverage the new REST interface (something like /users/list maybe?). That might be synchronous.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.