jlrodriguez Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

IDM and IBM Verse

Hi,

Does anyone know if is possible to integrate the user provisioning of IBM Verse on the cloud with IDM?
Has anyone had any experience with that?
Anyone know if IBM Verse has any kind of API or WebService for user provisioning?

Regards
Jose Luis
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: IDM and IBM Verse

jlrodriguez;2430904 wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know if is possible to integrate the user provisioning of IBM Verse on the cloud with IDM?
Has anyone had any experience with that?
Anyone know if IBM Verse has any kind of API or WebService for user provisioning?

Regards
Jose Luis

Hi Jose,
I don't have any experience with IBM Verse, but your question create some interest to this topic.

I expect that IBM Verse (like many other) support at least REST API (and found confirmation for this).

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/files/basic/anonymous/api/library/93e06113-9d4c-40c2-bf0c-a75a8bcf3176/document/f1569365-84f8-42be-b22b-52cb44849f94/media/JMP-1643.pdf

According to this presentation Verse support number of methods for provisioning and synchronizing directories
1. "offline" sync via uploading CSV file to BSS (IBM Smart Cloud Business Support System)
2. Real time updates – synchronize with corporate directory at the time of update with atomic, single user REST API actions

According to another presentation IBM provide acceess to Cloud API from
•Javascript
•Java
•PHP
•iOS
http://vanstaub.me/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Building-Apps-with-IBM-Verse.pdf

Alex
jlrodriguez Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thanks for your answer Alex. I think we'll investigate further on the REST API inteface.
Regards
Jose Luis
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

This is the approach for most cloud services.

I would look into both the rest driver and the text version. Keep in mind there is a brilliant free csv version called Generic file driver.

I have for another cloud service created first a text output that essentially dumps all users every night. That was for quick setup of testing etc. Then we switched to the rest driver, in that case the api was not ready from start.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.