Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

IDM random password on workflows

Hi,

We are looking for a random generate password activity/function/script/etc that could be used on workflows to generate a random password based on a Password Policy defined on eDirectory. It would be something similar as the Noun Token Generate Password. Does it exist? 

Thanks.

Gustavo

Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: IDM random password on workflows

There is an NMAS call to Generate password that the engine uses behind that noun.

Best bet would be to figure out how to call that from a PRD.  I could not find teh Javadoc for it in quick searching but look for that I think. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Thanks for your help. I will search for it and finding it I will put the link here.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

If I don't need to show the password I usually write another attribute such as "set password" and have a null driver tigger on that. It is such an easy fix that I never bothered too find the proper solution.

Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

That´s a good idea. Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

If you have SSPR installed and configured, maybe you can use REST call to generate password:
https://www.netiq.com/documentation/swagger_ui/?url=/documentation/api/sspr-api-oas3_20190131.yml#/Random%20Password/randomPassword_get

Kind regards,
Sebastijan

Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Thanks. This is what I was looking for but could not find a document.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.