7 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: IDM4.8 released

Designer is actually quicker!!

If you recall, in the past, in nthe User App driver, there was an AppConfig item, and then it could be expanded to PRD, DAL, etc... 

That is gone. Now the only way to get to the Prov view is the lower left box, in the Provisioning tab.  Which was there before.

Apparently the reason this helps is that every time certain things happen in Designer, it reloads everything into memory (including ALL the active projects in the workspace, so disable unused projects for performance) and that included EVERY UA in every project, which can be 'large'.

So now none of the Prov elements get reloaded i those cases, which really helps.

So Yay!  TOm Burt has suggested he wants to do more to make things faster, but lets all say "yay" for this bit, if only that.  🙂

Also new Form Designer in interesting and I have yet to form an opinion on it.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Don't forget you need eDir 9.2 as well.

9.2 includes the begiinings of the move to REST endpoint to manage eDir objects. 

Not complete in 9.2, more coming in later versions, but an interesting step forward. (Not that I am a huge REST fan, but whatever).

0 Likes
fp_idmworks Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Where do we find the REST API documentation? Is it with the REST container,
once it is deployed?

Maybe the documentation isn't released as the container download isn't
available yet for 9.2 or IDM 4.8.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

And converesly if not running containerized, what module and endpoint provides the REST services now?

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Why would it be linked to containers?
More likely it just isnt in the documentation yet.
0 Likes
fp_idmworks Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

https://www.netiq.com/documentation/edirectory-92/edir_admin/data/t48p6bt8162j.html

The REST service looks to be a front end. If I recall correctly it is
containerized. Looks like OSP is also containerized, which it also has to
integrate with.

I had heard at one point that it was over LDAP, so probably over extended
controls. Based on the documentation, it looks to be configured via 636.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Ok, that makes sence.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.