Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Identity Intelligence

Has anyone used Identity Intelligence Application?  I'm curious what it offers against the embedded reporting application.  I know it offers more advanced analytics but I'm curious to whether or not it's worth it considering the massive amount of resources it needs per Server.  Please anyone share their experience with me so I may consider this application in our environment.  I've asked MF for a comparison and have heard crickets.  Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Identity Intelligence

As you noted, it needs a ton of resources.

The idea is to use Vertica as the DB, as a data lake. Whatever that all means.  (HPE had Vertica which is designed for monstrous data sets).

Then collect everything into it.  Get NAM evets, Advanced Auth, etc.

Sort of like how Sentinel was supposed to collect everything and then do clever rules around it.  But Identity Intelligence is meant too just collect the data and let you visualize it better.

Then you could see the lifecycle of a user, starting with IDM provisining events, then NAM events, then other stuff, all one timeline in one view'ish like thing.  We shall see.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Looked into setting it up at a customer in Azure, the requirements are huge and the bill gets enormous if/when trying to run in "the cloud", hence the idea got scrapped...

--
Smile, IT confuses people!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi jburns80,

we provided an IDI set up as part of a POC demonstration environment together with IDM and IG as source systems, as outlined in the documentation architecture of the product.

My experience so far is, that IDI has a lot of potential. It comes with an interactive UI to visualize governance related user and permission information. "Interactive", because you can view events (for example requests, approvals, assignments) on dedicated timelines and are able to “zoom” in for more detail or “zoom” back out etc. (Of course, you can then also „export” this information via an PDF/CSV report.)

Additionally, it offers a “time machine” feature to analyse and track user profile and assignment information. With this, you can simple choose a point of time in the past, and IDI will show you the state and profile information the chosen user had back then. Or choose a resource and look at the different assignments over time. All done via a simple date picker.

Is it already a full “replacement” of Identity Reporting for production use? Mhm, not sure about that… It is still a very early release. But there is a lot of potential here for the future, from what I have seen.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Philipp

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.