Highlighted
aortiz1 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Identity Manager 4.8 with Oracle Database

Hi all again...

I'm trying to install Identity Applications 4.8 with my Oracle database, i managed to install already IDM so no troubles about that so far.

I created a new database for the Workflow Engine as i understood from the documentation, during the configure process i chose "existing database" for UA database and "New database" for the workflow database, the process ends very well and all but when the Identity Applications is starting i see a lot of database errors on the catalina log.

ERROR [com.sssw.fw.servlet.EboBootServlet] (main) [RBPM] Runtime exception initializing.
com.netiq.persist.PersistenceException: liquibase.exception.MigrationFailedException: Migration failed for change set DatabaseChangeLog.xml::50::IDMRBPM:
Reason:
DatabaseChangeLog.xml : ERROR: Database is not empty, halting schema creation

at com.novell.soa.persist.DatabaseSchemaUpdate.updateSchema(DatabaseSchemaUpdate.java:439)
at com.novell.soa.persist.DatabaseSchemaUpdate.validateDatabaseSchema(DatabaseSchemaUpdate.java:238)
at com.sssw.fw.servlet.EboBootServlet.init(EboBootServlet.java:134)
at com.sssw.portal.servlet.EboPortalBootServlet.init(EboPortalBootServlet.java:63)
at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:158)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.initServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1122)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1077)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:971)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:4868)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5177)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:183)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:717)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:690)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:705)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:978)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1849)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.InlineExecutorService.execute(InlineExecutorService.java:75)
at java.util.concurrent.AbstractExecutorService.submit(AbstractExecutorService.java:112)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:773)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:427)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1576)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:309)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleBase.java:123)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.setStateInternal(LifecycleBase.java:423)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.setState(LifecycleBase.java:366)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.startInternal(ContainerBase.java:936)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.startInternal(StandardHost.java:841)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.startInternal(StandardEngine.java:262)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.startInternal(StandardService.java:421)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.startInternal(StandardServer.java:932)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:633)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:344)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:475)
Caused by: liquibase.exception.MigrationFailedException: Migration failed for change set DatabaseChangeLog.xml::50::IDMRBPM:
Reason:
DatabaseChangeLog.xml : ERROR: Database is not empty, halting schema creation

at liquibase.changelog.ChangeSet.execute(ChangeSet.java:539)
at liquibase.changelog.visitor.UpdateVisitor.visit(UpdateVisitor.java:53)
at liquibase.changelog.ChangeLogIterator.run(ChangeLogIterator.java:83)
at liquibase.Liquibase.update(Liquibase.java:202)
at liquibase.Liquibase.update(Liquibase.java:179)
at liquibase.Liquibase.update(Liquibase.java:175)
at liquibase.Liquibase.update(Liquibase.java:168)
at com.novell.soa.persist.DatabaseSchemaUpdate.updateSchema(DatabaseSchemaUpdate.java:430)
... 48 more
Caused by: liquibase.exception.PreconditionFailedException: Preconditions Failed
at liquibase.precondition.core.PreconditionContainer.check(PreconditionContainer.java:237)
at liquibase.changelog.ChangeSet.execute(ChangeSet.java:525)

i don't fully get the issue here, of course it is not empty, i told it it was an existing one!!!!

Did anyone manage to migrate identity applications using an Oracle database?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.