CokeZerochap
New Member.

Inactive IDM Licence

Hello 

We are looking to tally up how many inactive IDM licences we currently hold. How would be the best way of going about this. As we are new to this area of reporting? 

For reference we are currently using NetIQ Identity Manager Standard Edition.

Many Thanks for any assistance given. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Inactive IDM Licence

Hi,
You can count three things.
1. All users with an active account (login disabled not available or set to false) that have an association over the driver.

2.All users with an inactive account (login disabled set to true) that have an association over the driver.

3. Users without association do not count at all.

You have to do this per driver
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Was pretty sure that the rules state that Login Disabled has to have been set to TRUE for at least 120 days for it to count as an inactive user, otherwise it still consumes an active license.

Not associated is the best approach, more predictable.

Alex McHugh - Knowledge Partner - Stavanger, Norway
Who are the Knowledge Partners
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

True,
It can't be disabled resently. Not sure about the period but it should say in the ula.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

@joakim_ganse wrote:
It should say in the ula.

Yes, and that can vary depending on what license model you have chosen.

I don't handle this any more (thankfully a colleague does all this) so am rusty, best to talk to sales and find out what the correct approach is for your license bundle.

Note that you really need to design your solution based on the licensing or you get some ugly and expensive surprises come review time. It is rare for a customer to be forced onto a different licensing model without a fair bit of warning, so there are few cases you can play the "we didn't know card" to try and get out of audit findings.

Alex McHugh - Knowledge Partner - Stavanger, Norway
Who are the Knowledge Partners
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
cpedersen Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

As far as I remember there is also something with last login time which needs to be above a number of days. It's not enough to just disable the user - to my recollection. 

- associations 

- login disabled

- last login time

In what order, and with what values, I do not recall.

Casper

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

- associations 

No Association

- login disabled

- last login time

at least 90 days ago

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

You can see the number of IDM licenses, that you own, in your NetIQ Customer Center.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.