Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
195 views

Inexplicable fatal error processing Google group membership


All,

We have implemented the new Google Apps driver patch to support the new
APIs. The update has been relatively smooth, but now that we are in the
height of student registration, the driver has terminated several times
with an unexplained fatal NullPointerException processing a group
membership change for course groups. The issue appears to be transient
in nature and i cannot trace down a common data issue with the events
that cause the shim to terminate. Upon restarting the driver, the same
event which caused the fatal processes without incident. I can only
assume it is something that Google is returning which should be handled
as a Retry and is causing a Fatal. Note that we have not yet seen the
JAXP issue so I do not have that option enabled in the driver config.

Fortunately, I keep tracing turned on, so I was able to capture the
following. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

276


+----------------------------------------------------------------------+
|Filename: driver-terminated-add-member.txt |
|Download: https://forums.netiq.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=276 |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------+

--
elarsson
------------------------------------------------------------------------
elarsson's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=3209
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=53288

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Inexplicable fatal error processing Google group membership

On Wed, 08 Apr 2015 18:04:02 +0000, elarsson wrote:

> We have implemented the new Google Apps driver patch to support the new
> APIs. The update has been relatively smooth, but now that we are in the
> height of student registration, the driver has terminated several times
> with an unexplained fatal NullPointerException processing a group
> membership change for course groups.


Probably this is going to be a bug. Open an SR so support can look at it.


--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu
Knowledge Partner http://forums.netiq.com

Please post questions in the forums. No support provided via email.
If you find this post helpful, please click on the star below.
0 Likes
Marcus Tornberg Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Inexplicable fatal error processing Google group membership


elarsson;256173 Wrote:
> All,
>
> We have implemented the new Google Apps driver patch to support the new
> APIs. The update has been relatively smooth, but now that we are in the
> height of student registration, the driver has terminated several times
> with an unexplained fatal NullPointerException processing a group
> membership change for course groups. The issue appears to be transient
> in nature and i cannot trace down a common data issue with the events
> that cause the shim to terminate. Upon restarting the driver, the same
> event which caused the fatal processes without incident. I can only
> assume it is something that Google is returning which should be handled
> as a Retry and is causing a Fatal. Note that we have not yet seen the
> JAXP issue so I do not have that option enabled in the driver config.
>
> Fortunately, I keep tracing turned on, so I was able to capture the
> following. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
>
> 276


Hi.

I have also seen this issue with the new Google Apps driver. We have an
SR open with NetIQ and the issue has been registered as a defect and a
patch is scheduled for the beginning of May.

Best Regards
Marcus


--
marcus_jonsson
------------------------------------------------------------------------
marcus_jonsson's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=1157
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=53288

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Inexplicable fatal error processing Google group membership

On Wed, 15 Apr 2015 11:14:01 +0000, marcus jonsson wrote:

> elarsson;256173 Wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> We have implemented the new Google Apps driver patch to support the new
>> APIs. The update has been relatively smooth, but now that we are in the
>> height of student registration, the driver has terminated several times
>> with an unexplained fatal NullPointerException processing a group
>> membership change for course groups. The issue appears to be transient
>> in nature and i cannot trace down a common data issue with the events
>> that cause the shim to terminate. Upon restarting the driver, the same
>> event which caused the fatal processes without incident. I can only
>> assume it is something that Google is returning which should be handled
>> as a Retry and is causing a Fatal. Note that we have not yet seen the
>> JAXP issue so I do not have that option enabled in the driver config.
>>
>> Fortunately, I keep tracing turned on, so I was able to capture the
>> following. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
>>
>> 276

>
> Hi.
>
> I have also seen this issue with the new Google Apps driver. We have an
> SR open with NetIQ and the issue has been registered as a defect and a
> patch is scheduled for the beginning of May.
>
> Best Regards
> Marcus


You're seeing the same NullPointerException when processing group
memberships? That's interesting. I haven't seen it happen here, at leastn
not yet, but we don't make extensive use of Groups in Google. It's good
that you have an SR open, let us know how that turns out. Axel caught it
happening in a trace, which is helpful. I know the developers are working
on fixing this one.


--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu
Knowledge Partner http://forums.novell.com

Please post questions in the forums. No support provided via email.
If you find this post helpful, please click on the star below.
0 Likes
lbattistello Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Inexplicable fatal error processing Google group membership


Hi,

Do you have any news about the new GoogleApps patch? I have the same
issue.

Thanks and regards,

Luis


--
lbattistello
------------------------------------------------------------------------
lbattistello's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=290
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=53288

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Inexplicable fatal error processing Google group membership

On Mon, 18 May 2015 00:05:45 +0000, lbattistello wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Do you have any news about the new GoogleApps patch? I have the same
> issue.


The only news is that they're working on a new version. If you have a
problem, you may want to open an SR so that support is aware of it.


--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu
Knowledge Partner http://forums.microfocus.com

Please post questions in the forums. No support provided via email.
If you find this post helpful, please click on the star below.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.