Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Issue Identity Applications SSPR Force Challenge / Response Setup

Jump to solution

Greetings, 

Im trying to force all the new users that log in to be redirect to the challenge / response page 

I went to the SSPR Configuration Editor and set the Force Setup Response flag , then I restarted the application , but all the new users access to the dashboard page when they log in. Users can go to the challenge / response page only if the choose to change their password

Identity Applications version is 4.7.0

All the new users are created using iManager , user's container contain a password policy

Any idea how to solve this issue , thanks.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Issue Identity Applications SSPR Force Challenge / Response Setup

Jump to solution

I think that the setting you used, only fires, when they hit the /sspr URL. Not when they hit the /idmdash or /landing

Alas, while SSPR and landing look integrated they really are not entirely integrated.

6 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

I think that the setting you used, only fires, when they hit the /sspr URL. Not when they hit the /idmdash or /landing

Alas, while SSPR and landing look integrated they really are not entirely integrated.

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

thank you 

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution
Last question , is there a setting to fire the challenge / response page ( for new users ) when the hit the /idmdash page

Yesterday I made a virtual machine and its working just like I wish : New users go to the challenge / response page when they hit the /idmdash page , but I cant find any difference with our others environments
0 Likes
Nihii Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution
If User App is integrated with NAM, you can create an auth policy in NAM to redirect users to challenge/response if they don't have challenge/responses attributes in their profile.
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution
If user app and sspr is integrated with NAM. You can create an auth policy to redirect users to SetupResponses.
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution
If SSPR is integfrated with NAM. You can create a auth policy in NAM to redirect users to SetupResponses.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.