Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
294 views

JDBC Driver Integrate Oracle Database return ORA-12705 error


Hi,

I am getting this error when I am trying to insert to the Oracle
Database via JDBC driver.

-Message: Code(-9006) The driver returned a "retry" status indicating
that the operation should be retried later. Detail from driver:
<description>Unable to connect. There is a connectivity-related
problem.</description>
<object-dn>O=data\OU=users\OU=nonemployee\CN=CX00075</object-dn>
<jdbc:exception jdbc:class="java.sql.SQLException" jdbc:error-code="604"
jdbc:sql-state="60000" xmlns:jdbc="urn:dirxml:jdbc">
<jdbc:message>ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
ORA-12705: invalid or unknown NLS parameter value specified
</jdbc:message>
</jdbc:exception>-

I am not sure why is this happening and I have done some research in
google.
Some people said that this would be related to some invalid NLS
parameter like NLS_LANG.
I tried to set the environment variable NLS_LANG in my IDM server.
But no luck. It does not show up any improvement for my issue.
Hopefully anyone who faced this before can turn up and advise me with
your solution.

Thanks.


Regards

Kee Yin


--
kyin_ying
------------------------------------------------------------------------
kyin_ying's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=6787
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=51289

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: JDBC Driver Integrate Oracle Database return ORA-12705 error


Very difficult to help if you do not provide traces (level 5 from the RL
if used and also engine trace)

Add a few more details about your implementation with OS and version
details of the components.


--
vivekbm
------------------------------------------------------------------------
vivekbm's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=528
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=51289

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: JDBC Driver Integrate Oracle Database return ORA-12705 error

On 7/10/2014 12:00 PM, kyin ying wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am getting this error when I am trying to insert to the Oracle
> Database via JDBC driver.
>
> -Message: Code(-9006) The driver returned a "retry" status indicating
> that the operation should be retried later. Detail from driver:
> <description>Unable to connect. There is a connectivity-related
> problem.</description>
> <object-dn>O=data\OU=users\OU=nonemployee\CN=CX00075</object-dn>
> <jdbc:exception jdbc:class="java.sql.SQLException" jdbc:error-code="604"
> jdbc:sql-state="60000" xmlns:jdbc="urn:dirxml:jdbc">
> <jdbc:message>ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
> ORA-12705: invalid or unknown NLS parameter value specified
> </jdbc:message>
> </jdbc:exception>-
>
> I am not sure why is this happening and I have done some research in
> google.
> Some people said that this would be related to some invalid NLS
> parameter like NLS_LANG.
> I tried to set the environment variable NLS_LANG in my IDM server.
> But no luck. It does not show up any improvement for my issue.
> Hopefully anyone who faced this before can turn up and advise me with
> your solution.


I vaguely remember this issue from 2007/2008 timeframe. I wrote about
all those errors in these articles, which I am too lazy to search for
you. 🙂

http://www.novell.com/communities/node/4446/error-codes-novell-identity-manager-driver-jdbc-part-1-4
http://www.novell.com/communities/node/4447/error-codes-novell-identity-manager-driver-jdbc-part-2-4
http://www.novell.com/communities/node/4448/error-codes-novell-identity-manager-driver-jdbc-part-3-4
http://www.novell.com/communities/node/4449/error-codes-novell-identity-manager-driver-jdbc-part-4-4




0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: JDBC Driver Integrate Oracle Database return ORA-12705 error


geoffc;246439 Wrote:
> On 7/10/2014 12:00 PM, kyin ying wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am getting this error when I am trying to insert to the Oracle
> > Database via JDBC driver.
> >
> > -Message: Code(-9006) The driver returned a "retry" status

> indicating
> > that the operation should be retried later. Detail from driver:
> > <description>Unable to connect. There is a connectivity-related
> > problem.</description>
> > <object-dn>O=data\OU=users\OU=nonemployee\CN=CX00075</object-dn>
> > <jdbc:exception jdbc:class="java.sql.SQLException"

> jdbc:error-code="604"
> > jdbc:sql-state="60000" xmlns:jdbc="urn:dirxml:jdbc">
> > <jdbc:message>ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
> > ORA-12705: invalid or unknown NLS parameter value specified
> > </jdbc:message>
> > </jdbc:exception>-
> >
> > I am not sure why is this happening and I have done some research in
> > google.
> > Some people said that this would be related to some invalid NLS
> > parameter like NLS_LANG.
> > I tried to set the environment variable NLS_LANG in my IDM server.
> > But no luck. It does not show up any improvement for my issue.
> > Hopefully anyone who faced this before can turn up and advise me with
> > your solution.

>
> I vaguely remember this issue from 2007/2008 timeframe. I wrote about
> all those errors in these articles, which I am too lazy to search for
> you. 🙂
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ncn89gn
> http://tinyurl.com/mpwg5yd
> http://tinyurl.com/qfo7pe3
> http://tinyurl.com/k983vgr



Hi,

I can see you posted a lot of error about the oracle database. But so
far I cant find any error related to my error.
Which is ORA-12705.

Thanks


--
kyin_ying
------------------------------------------------------------------------
kyin_ying's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=6787
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=51289

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: JDBC Driver Integrate Oracle Database return ORA-12705 error

On 7/10/2014 11:14 PM, kyin ying wrote:
>
> geoffc;246439 Wrote:
>> On 7/10/2014 12:00 PM, kyin ying wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am getting this error when I am trying to insert to the Oracle
>>> Database via JDBC driver.
>>>
>>> -Message: Code(-9006) The driver returned a "retry" status

>> indicating
>>> that the operation should be retried later. Detail from driver:
>>> <description>Unable to connect. There is a connectivity-related
>>> problem.</description>
>>> <object-dn>O=data\OU=users\OU=nonemployee\CN=CX00075</object-dn>
>>> <jdbc:exception jdbc:class="java.sql.SQLException"

>> jdbc:error-code="604"
>>> jdbc:sql-state="60000" xmlns:jdbc="urn:dirxml:jdbc">
>>> <jdbc:message>ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
>>> ORA-12705: invalid or unknown NLS parameter value specified
>>> </jdbc:message>
>>> </jdbc:exception>-
>>>
>>> I am not sure why is this happening and I have done some research in
>>> google.
>>> Some people said that this would be related to some invalid NLS
>>> parameter like NLS_LANG.
>>> I tried to set the environment variable NLS_LANG in my IDM server.
>>> But no luck. It does not show up any improvement for my issue.
>>> Hopefully anyone who faced this before can turn up and advise me with
>>> your solution.

>>
>> I vaguely remember this issue from 2007/2008 timeframe. I wrote about
>> all those errors in these articles, which I am too lazy to search for
>> you. 🙂
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/ncn89gn
>> http://tinyurl.com/mpwg5yd
>> http://tinyurl.com/qfo7pe3
>> http://tinyurl.com/k983vgr

>
>
> Hi,
>
> I can see you posted a lot of error about the oracle database. But so
> far I cant find any error related to my error.
> Which is ORA-12705.


But I do remember the NLS issue. I do not remember the fix, I was
hoping I had documented it... You know, I have a fifth article I was
waiting for more errors to fill it out, and never published, let me
check that one. Nope.

Well we know NLS is language related. Have you looked to see if there
are any relevant settings in the descriptor files?

http://www.novell.com/communities/node/2567/using-jdbc-idm-driver-custom-descriptor-files




0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.