kuronen Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

JDBC: gigantic triggerless publication files

I have a new IDM 4.7.2 installation with triggerless JDBC drivers connecting to MS SQL. I just noticed that they have jdbc_<driver instance guid> files sized between 6-12 gigabytes and they keep on growing.

The databases have something like 30 000 lines and it should not create nothing even close to that big and similar installations take just kilobytes in an older installation. Is there anything I can do to this?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Super Contributor.

Re: JDBC: gigantic triggerless publication files

Cleaned state files yesterday and they've grown to 200M overnight.

But poll times we're at 10 seconds which I extended now to 300 seconds. Guessing that on every poll the state files are updated making state file managing/trimming difficult with very short poll times / larger databases. Let's see how it goes.

Edit: A bug, you can use only lower case state directory. When tried /var/opt/novell/eDirectory/data/xxx I got file not found /var/opt/novell/edirectory/data/xxx which went away with a lower case symbolic link.
0 Likes
Super Contributor.

With 300 second polls I get 96Mb file in 2 days. That is more tolerable but it remains to see if the driver is able to trim it.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

On 6/12/2019 6:44 AM, kuronen wrote:
>
> With 300 second polls I get 96Mb file in 2 days. That is more tolerable
> but it remains to see if the driver is able to trim it.

Look for patches to the driver shim, as there was a bug I recall about
this a little while ago.

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

There seems to be one quite recent. Similar patch was released years ago but glad they've re-patced it. Thanks.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.