Commodore
Commodore

Java Class error on telemetry job

I am trying to migrate an eDir-to-eDir connector from an IDM **IP ADDRESS REMOVED** server to an IDM 4.6.4 server. When started on the new server, the driver runs fine for a while, then appears to stall -- no error message displays in the driver but there's no activity and unprocessed transactions accumulate. 

I've checked server-specific settings and found nothing out of the ordinary.  The new server doesn't appear to be taxed for CPU or memory.  One thing I did notice is that the status log for the driver set periodically displays this error: 

Error
No description provided.
Code(-9196) Configuration error in DirXML-Job object '\ID1\OSUMC\Drivers\edirIDv1\TelemetryJob': com.novell.nds.dirxml.engine.job.JobConfigException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.novell.nds.dirxml.job.telemetry.TelemetryJob
at com.novell.nds.dirxml.engine.job.Job.validateClass(Job.java:723)
at com.novell.nds.dirxml.engine.job.Job.<init>(Job.java:178)
at com.novell.nds.dirxml.engine.job.JobScheduler.<init>(JobScheduler.java:163)
at com.novell.nds.dirxml.engine.job.JobScheduler.initialize(JobScheduler.java:95)
at com.novell.nds.dirxml.engine.DirXML.run(DirXML.java:320)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.novell.nds.dirxml.job.telemetry.TelemetryJob
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:382)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:349)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264)
at com.novell.nds.dirxml.engine.job.Job.validateClass(Job.java:718)
... 5 more

This error seems to coincide with times when the driver goes out to lunch. 

There is a telemetry job configured, but it is not enabled.  Can I delete it without consequence, just to see if it fixes this?

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Kim just enabled a new feature to try and protect personal data. So it replaced the 4 octet version string in the posted IDM version.  Will report this back to him as a problem.

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Thanks Geoff. The redacted value is four zero two seven.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.