Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
2613 views

LDAP: error code 19 - NDS error: syntax violation (-613)];


HI All,

We are using
Identity Manager Roles Based Provisioning Module Version 4.0.1 Patch B
Novell e-Directory 8.8 SP7
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64)
VERSION = 11
PATCHLEVEL = 1

We are receiving below error while creating a user :
ERROR com.novell.srvprv.impl.vdata.model.VirtualDataAccess - Ldap error
creating object: cn=id,ou=type,ou=type,o=company. Error:
javax.naming.directory.InvalidAttributeValueException: [LDAP: error code
19 - NDS error: syntax violation (-613)]; remaining name
'cn=id,ou=type,ou=type,o=company'
javax.naming.directory.InvalidAttributeValueException: [LDAP: error code
19 - NDS error: syntax violation (-613)]; remaining name
cn=id,ou=type,ou=type,o=company

The newly created users are not showing up IDM.

Could anyone please tell what is causing this Error.

Thanks
agarud


--
agarud
------------------------------------------------------------------------
agarud's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=7553
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=52670

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: LDAP: error code 19 - NDS error: syntax violation (-613)];

Some attribute which you are trying to put on the object at creation time
is not valid per the syntax of the attribute in the directory. For
example, you may be trying to write a string into an integer field, or a
string that's 100 characters long in one that only allows eight
characters, or one that is zero-length in something requiring at least one
character, or with into a DN-type field but referring to an object that
does not exist. Find out wht the creation looks like and then you should
be able to trim it down.

Also, side note, 4.0 SP1 is pretty old; patching is always recommended,
just in case you hit an old bug.

--
Good luck.

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: LDAP: error code 19 - NDS error: syntax violation (-613)];

On 01/27/2015 12:29 PM, ab wrote:
> Some attribute which you are trying to put on the object at creation time
> is not valid per the syntax of the attribute in the directory. For
> example, you may be trying to write a string into an integer field, or a
> string that's 100 characters long in one that only allows eight
> characters, or one that is zero-length in something requiring at least one
> character, or with into a DN-type field but referring to an object that
> does not exist. Find out wht the creation looks like and then you should
> be able to trim it down.
>
> Also, side note, 4.0 SP1 is pretty old; patching is always recommended,
> just in case you hit an old bug.
>

Greetings,
Patch "E" is the last patch for 4.0.1. Here is the direct link to
the patch:

https://dl.netiq.com/Download?buildid=2zVeFSiHUtI~



--

Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Lead Software Engineer
NetIQ
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: LDAP: error code 19 - NDS error: syntax violation (-613)];

On 1/28/2015 5:22 AM, Steven Williams wrote:
> On 01/27/2015 12:29 PM, ab wrote:
>> Some attribute which you are trying to put on the object at creation time
>> is not valid per the syntax of the attribute in the directory. For
>> example, you may be trying to write a string into an integer field, or a
>> string that's 100 characters long in one that only allows eight
>> characters, or one that is zero-length in something requiring at least
>> one
>> character, or with into a DN-type field but referring to an object that
>> does not exist. Find out wht the creation looks like and then you should
>> be able to trim it down.
>>
>> Also, side note, 4.0 SP1 is pretty old; patching is always recommended,
>> just in case you hit an old bug.
>>

> Greetings,
> Patch "E" is the last patch for 4.0.1. Here is the direct link to
> the patch:
>
> https://dl.netiq.com/Download?buildid=2zVeFSiHUtI~
>
>
>

I am encountering this error on a DSML import. Is there any way to
identify which attribute is causing the error? I exported the object to
DSML from another eDirectory instance which AFAIK has an identical schema.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: LDAP: error code 19 - NDS error: syntax violation (-613)];

On 7/31/2015 8:19 AM, de Groot, David wrote:
> On 1/28/2015 5:22 AM, Steven Williams wrote:
>> On 01/27/2015 12:29 PM, ab wrote:
>>> Some attribute which you are trying to put on the object at creation
>>> time
>>> is not valid per the syntax of the attribute in the directory. For
>>> example, you may be trying to write a string into an integer field, or a
>>> string that's 100 characters long in one that only allows eight
>>> characters, or one that is zero-length in something requiring at least
>>> one
>>> character, or with into a DN-type field but referring to an object that
>>> does not exist. Find out wht the creation looks like and then you
>>> should
>>> be able to trim it down.
>>>
>>> Also, side note, 4.0 SP1 is pretty old; patching is always recommended,
>>> just in case you hit an old bug.
>>>

>> Greetings,
>> Patch "E" is the last patch for 4.0.1. Here is the direct link to
>> the patch:
>>
>> https://dl.netiq.com/Download?buildid=2zVeFSiHUtI~
>>
>>
>>

> I am encountering this error on a DSML import. Is there any way to
> identify which attribute is causing the error? I exported the object to
> DSML from another eDirectory instance which AFAIK has an identical schema.


You get pretty good at seeing the 613 errors with practice, so if you
can post the XML or LDIF or some representation of what you sent in,
often we can figure it out.

Biggies: DN references that are:
a) Wrong format/don't exist
b) blank

Length violations:
a) 0 length on a sized 1-64 attribute, ergo empty is not allowed.
b) too long/too short

Hmm, this would be a good article fodder. Anyone want to write? I
could, and sort of had in a bunch of places, but not in one place. I
have some flights on Sunday, maybe I will write that.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.